lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2018, 06:25 AM   #1
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 94 ds

Looking at picking up a 94 ds. Do these have the controller or on boatd computer or just the bank of resistors? I eventually want to convert to 48 volt when it's time to replace batteries. On my buddies early 90s cart he had just the resistor coils. He bought 6 8 volt batteries charger and solenoid and it has been running excellent... it does around 22 overdriving the 36v motor + his bigger tires. If this cart has on board controller /? Computer can anyone point me in the direction of some reading material about upgrading these components and converting it to 48 volt. New to electric carts, have a gas ds with motor swap. Do they make upgraded controllers that are compatible with both 36 and 48 volts? or will I have to change the controller when I upgrade to 48v?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2018, 06:47 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 94 ds

Sorry but there's no easy answer. '94 could have about anything - from 36 volt resistor set up to 48 volt with controller and OBC. You'll need to see what it's got before you start picking parts for an upgrade.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:58 AM   #3
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

10-4 didnt realize there were different configurations. sounds good once i see what it has will report back. thanks.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:49 AM   #4
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have a 94 DS that was a 36V controller cart which is probably what you are looking at. It does not have an OBC. The controller was 24-36V compatible. I recently upgraded to 48V (see my signature). I am very very pleased with how it runs now. It’s a solid cart without all the stuff you don’t want. HTH
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

This cart is a 94 36 volt with controller. Controller is a black on mounted up behind the rear body above the motor on the passenger side
Old 10-18-2018, 12:31 PM   #6
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

The Alltrax SR series controllers are 36V and 48V compatible with the proper programming. Check them out here https://alltraxinc.com/sr-series/ If you upgrade to 400 or more amp controller you will need to upgrade your cables and solenoid. In my case, I went to 48V and 500A controller at the same time. Doubled my speed. If you go with the Alltrax controller, you will also need to add a jumper wire in the throttle to make it work right but it’s a simple mod. HTH
Old 10-20-2018, 03:22 PM   #7
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Looking at same controller- alltrax sr48500. Do you have info on the modifications to the pedal for the sr controller? I see carts unlimited has a pedal setup but haven't see a post where they sell them seperate only in the kits. Is it necisary to replace or is the modification acceptable? Did you upgrade the fnr switch? Or you running a hd one? I was reading it says they recommend reversing contractors with anything 500a and above. Again carts unlimited sells a kit with new f-n-r switch n toggle switch. But it is only avalible as a kit with the contractor... I can get a reversing contractor that will work for this from work so just trying to find the replacement switch setup, doesn't appear Scotty sells seperatly. Most likely will purchase that digital charger with float mode from him.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #8
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

For the pedal mod, see the attached pic. It’s very easy, just run a small jumper wire from post 2 to post 3. No need to replace throttle since it is very low current through pedal. Just clean the contacts while you’re in there. Your controller will need to be set to 0-5k Ohm, 2 wire throttle setting. Mine came set for “Club Car” which didn’t work. As for the FNR switch, all I did was take mine apart and clean the contacts. The switch on a 36V cart is the heavy duty version since 36V carts draw more current through the switch than 48V. I have checked mine after a climb up a long steep hill and it wasn’t even warm. You will also need 2ga wire throughout minimum. I have also attached a stock correct wiring diagram and a diagram to how my cart is wired. You have several options on how to wire the reverse switch and throttle and I chose the easy way which works fine. You will be very happy with your new setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0DE8AB4B-A55D-45B3-BE54-F40D92C54B4D.jpg (178.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2B9A0548-6ECF-4DC5-BCCD-1550B2984EF0.jpg (216.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 23809B34-E8F4-4A61-92E4-272090A9A34C.jpg (202.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #9
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

I ended up passing on the 94. Picked up a 2000 36v resistor cart. Plan on ripping all that crap out and requiring it with 48v and an altrax 48v controller which I also purchased awhile back (sr-48500)..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car