lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #1
grayhavenmotel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default club car carryall / turf 2 electric 2008 (8) 6v battery wiring

Hello,

We just picked one of these up at an auction and have a few questions.

1) when we got the cart home it did not run. we noticed the batteries were wired positive to positive and negative to negative. we then rewired the batteries in parallel to the best of our knowledge. I tried looking up a wiring diagram for this particular cart but failed to find on that described the wiring for ( 6v batteries. Might someone have the correct configuration they can share?

2) We would like a canopy but I am having trouble finding an affordable one that would fit. recommendations?

3) Lift kit recommendations? :)

I will probably have more questions. The battery wiring is the big one. The cart sputters a little when accelerating. might this be battery issues? When I brought the cart home i did brush with baking soda, wash, add distilled water, charge individually and check each battery with a meter. a couple batteries were reading at 3-4 volt and the rest at 5-6. Could they be going bad? maybe old?

Totally new to this so just learning!

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4843.jpg (217.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4846.jpg (218.1 KB, 0 views)
grayhavenmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club car carryall / turf 2 electric 2008 (8) 6v battery wiring

This thread may help you with your wiring question

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

This "sticky" thread may help you as to your question on the state of your batteries

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html

Especially post #9 of the thread
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That particular battery configuration is missing from the sticky.

This is the correct way to wire it, please notice that all batteries are oriented the same way to help avoid and easily spot wiring issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8x6v_battery_pack.jpg (168.8 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default club car carryall / turf 2 electric 2008 (8) 6v battery wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayhavenmotel View Post
Hello,

We just picked one of these up at an auction and have a few questions.

1) when we got the cart home it did not run. we noticed the batteries were wired positive to positive and negative to negative. we then rewired the batteries in parallel to the best of our knowledge. I tried looking up a wiring diagram for this particular cart but failed to find on that described the wiring for ( 6v batteries. Might someone have the correct configuration they can share?

2) We would like a canopy but I am having trouble finding an affordable one that would fit. recommendations?

3) Lift kit recommendations? :)

I will probably have more questions. The battery wiring is the big one. The cart sputters a little when accelerating. might this be battery issues? When I brought the cart home i did brush with baking soda, wash, add distilled water, charge individually and check each battery with a meter. a couple batteries were reading at 3-4 volt and the rest at 5-6. Could they be going bad? maybe old?

Totally new to this so just learning!

Thanks!

It looks like the batteries are wired correctly now. They are from November 2014 so they may have some life left. Just make sure they are charged.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #6
grayhavenmotel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That particular battery configuration is missing from the sticky.

This is the correct way to wire it, please notice that all batteries are oriented the same way to help avoid and easily spot wiring issues.
Thanks so much! Yes I did notice it was missing from the stickie!

Quote:
It looks like the batteries are wired correctly now. They are from November 2014 so they may have some life left. Just make sure they are charged.
Thanks! Yeah the are all charged. Cart came with club car charger. Seems to all be charging correct etc.

When first using the cart after charging all seems ok but after a little use if accelerating too much the cart just stops/jolt. It is hard to describe. Not sure what is going on. I read somewhere maybe a controller issue?

Thanks!
mark
Old 10-20-2018, 02:51 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

These batteries should be wired in SERIES (+ to -, + to -, etc).
(+ to +, - to -, is Parallel, and is not correct for this application)
Need to check battery voltage while the cart is driving. You may have one or more batteries losing significant voltage under load. Low voltage will certainly cause the problem you’re having.

Also get those batteries all oriented the same direction and get them re-wires so you don’t have the long cable reaching all the way across the pack. They will move around enough to stretch/damage/twist that long cable loose and can cause a connection issue.

Also take a wire brush and some terminal cleaner to all of those posts and get them REALLY clean. Those have some oxidation going on (dark coloration) and that will cause connection problems.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:57 AM   #8
grayhavenmotel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Also get those batteries all oriented the same direction and get them re-wires so you don’t have the long cable reaching all the way across the pack. They will move around enough to stretch/damage/twist that long cable loose and can cause a connection issue.

Also take a wire brush and some terminal cleaner to all of those posts and get them REALLY clean. Those have some oxidation going on (dark coloration) and that will cause connection problems.
all good tips. yes Ill have to get some terminal cleaner (they were out at tractor supply) and go through your other suggestions this week.

Thanks for all the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car