lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2018, 06:35 AM   #1
FFPM163
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Buying 2008 precent today

Im going to look at 3 precedents today all are 2008, im under the impression the newer model is the better one and there was a change in 2008.5, I was wondering what do I look for to see if the its the newer model or the older model. Thanks in advance. Sidenote, I plan on putting an alltrax controller and plum quick motor on it.
FFPM163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2018, 06:46 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Buying 2008 precent today

The biggest was '08.5 went back to 6x8v batteries. The I2/Excel came out around that time which was mainly a controller change. I like the IQ and 4x12's, but if you are changing controllers, it really will not matter between IQ and I2/Excel.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The older Precedents up to 2008.5 had the electronics inside the battery bucket between the batteries, the newer ones have the electronics behind the battery bucket.

The dashboards are also different when ordering parts.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:11 AM   #4
FFPM163
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks now I know what to look for !
FFPM163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The 2nd Generation Precedent, known as i2, was released mid year in 2008. It has a little bit different shaped dash area, a battery bucket that will accommodate Six 8-Volt batteries, and a controller / OBC mounting panel located behind the battery box rather than directly in the middle of it like the Gen 1 cars were. The i2 body style was released at the exact same time the Excel drive system was released. I saw on your other thread that you were considering an Alltrax XCT, so the drive system shouldn't matter to you at all. The XCT will work with both the IQ and Excel. The easiest way to identify an i2 cart is to look for the serial number sticker. On a Gen 1 Precedent, the sticker is stuck inside the passenger side dash compartment. On an i2, it's located on the kick panel just beneath the passenger side cup holder.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car