lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2018, 09:53 PM   #1
CCRyan08
Not Yet Wild

Default New Motor Recommendation

Hey guys- I’ve been upgrading my 08 Precedent and recently installed an XCT48500, 2 gauge cables and 400amp solenoid. Haven’t been overly impressed with the results and want to upgrade the stock motor. The cart typically has 4 passengers on it... is exclusively used for road use but have a combination of flat neighborhood roads and some decently steep hills to climb. I want the best of both worlds... not to suffer like I am on hills and pick up better speed on flat roads. Anyone have any specific motor recommendations? Should I be looking for a high torque motor or a combo high torque/high speed. Wasn’t sure if I should be going after high torque simply because of the hills and usually having 4 people riding. Thanks for the help!
CCRyan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: New Motor Recommendation

If you're using it on pavement I don't think you're really going to need the torque motor. I think the FSIP Speed motor would be a better fit for you. Torque motors are really designed more for off-roading than a hilly neighborhood. The speed motor will give you an increase in torque over stock, just not as big of an increase as the torque motor. I think speed would be more valuable to you in the neighborhoods.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
CCRyan08
Not Yet Wild

Thanks David- That makes sense. I had been looking at the admiral A2 and A4 and based on your recommendation the A2 speed motor would make more sense. I found it selling at 480 but hadn’t heard much about the FSIP motors. Any advice on which line is better and any drawbacks? Thanks again for your help
CCRyan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The FSIP motor is a little faster than the Admiral and seems to be holding up very well. I see no drawbacks at all.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:09 PM   #5
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Running an XCT48400 with a stock
36v motor and 42vdc. I was seeing 28-30 pretty easy.
I now have a 48500 on 56vdc, just got a Plum Quick Barracuda today but havent installed it as you can see the date
I will post as soon as the results are realized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:39 AM   #6
Glade Rider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
Running an XCT48400 with a stock
36v motor and 42vdc. I was seeing 28-30 pretty easy.
I now have a 48500 on 56vdc, just got a Plum Quick Barracuda today but havent installed it as you can see the date
I will post as soon as the results are realized.

Jut bought the same controller and motor. Interested to see how your set up works.
Glade Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:08 AM   #7
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
Jut bought the same controller and motor. Interested to see how your set up works.

Me too, I am running 23’s

Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For the original poster; The manufacture says the FSIP speed motor will give you about 10% increase in power. Honestly it feels like more than that in my test carts. Speed is 27.5 on stock tires with the rev limit set to 6000. Taller 23" tires should net top speeds in the 30+ mph range assuming good batteries, properly inflated tires, etc.
I've been running 2 of these for more than 1 year without a problem. The price is the same as the popular A2 but, I think the quality is a bit higher. Quality confirmed by Alltrax engineers and techs when we sent these motors to them for testing and mapping. Again the price is the same as the A2.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:08 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wish FSIP would publish the graphs for the speed motors, their site only has the curves for the torque motors.

They also use units that are hard to compare such as "LBF Drawbar Pull" for torque.

It is hard to tell how much better those motors would perform in relation to the stock since they also test their Motors with a 1268 Controller and not the stock controller.

We all know the 14mph reported for the stock Motor is really a limitation of the speed code 3 on the stock Controller and the stock motor would easily reach over 22mph with a 1268 Controller.

The RPM their Motors develop their torque would help understand if they would provide much benefit where You need, the FSIP torque Motors produce their maximum output at a very low RPM so not much help for going up neighborhood hills at cruising speed.

Does anyone have the Motor Curves for the FSIP speed motor?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:02 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
-snip-

Does anyone have the Motor Curves for the FSIP speed motor?
Not me. It was early this year when I tried, but was told they did not have them yet but would later in the year.... (I guess technically they have a week left...Lol!)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car