lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
Paulshafer
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Curtis 350 controller expectations!!!!

I am wondering if the upgrad is worth it. I upgraded my wires to 4g and HD solenoid. Cart is 36v just want a little more torque and speed. I looked in to a upgrade 48v system but would be better selling cart and staring with a 48v. I would like to get through a season or 2 with this one so advice is appreciated.
Paulshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2018, 03:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Curtis 350 controller expectations!!!!

350 amps won't feel much different than 275 amps.
What cart and drive system are you asking about?
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:13 PM   #3
Paulshafer
Not Yet Wild

It's a txt pds. I jumped into the cart and should have done little more research. Got good deal on it and I'm assuming cause the guy wanted a 48v cart. Has 20 tires on it. Besides going to a 42 or 48v system is there much you can do? The 350 controller in your opinion is not worth the $250?
Paulshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:31 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulshafer View Post
It's a txt pds. I jumped into the cart and should have done little more research. Got good deal on it and I'm assuming cause the guy wanted a 48v cart. Has 20 tires on it. Besides going to a 42 or 48v system is there much you can do? The 350 controller in your opinion is not worth the $250?
A stock 36V PDS controller is 300A, so there won't be a noticeable difference in torque and the speed will be exactly the same since modified stock the controller will still limit the motor to 4400RPM.

Installing an Alltrax XCT48400 controller will up the low end torque by 1/3 and remove the 4400RPM limit. A unfettered stock PDS motor will spin up to about 5600RPM with a 36V battery pack, which is mathematically 27MPH on 20"tall tires, but there is a 10% torque loss with that height tires, so the actual top speed will be less.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO