lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default Alltrax 500 just arrived!!

Gonna spend tonight installing it once the kids go to bed. Can’t get a moments peace while they are awake
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2019, 06:54 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax 500 just arrived!!

Tire the kids out so they go to sleep early... take them for a ride in the cart then turn it off and say it won't run. Then make them push it home with you in it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:27 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Or give 'em Benadryl.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:20 PM   #4
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Just got done with a test run. Big difference in torque. Acceleration is improved but not crazy. I forgot my phone so i couldn't test speed but I am sure I was improved upon my 20 mph max with the stock controller. A lot of regen braking but it didn't bother me. I might tweak it later.

I will have to read up on the software and find a cable. I had thought it would be included. I need to figure out what the black plug that comes in the bag of screws and diodes is for. I am curious now what my settings look like. I hope I am getting full throttle b/c I never figured out how to adjust my ITS plunger. I unlocked the nut but there was no adjustability in the plunger. Its plenty fast now though so no complaints.

I mounted the Alltrax per their instructions and I now wish i had inverted it. The lights and controller port are hard to get to. Also the Tow/Run switch clearance is tight. I did notice the solenoid seems much louder than before and while in Forward if the cart started rolling backwards the reverse buzzer went off. I had not noticed the cart doing that before.

Thats Scotty for all the questions and assistance on the board.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:37 PM   #5
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Couldn’t resist. 27mph and I let off. Cart prob didn’t have much more though. Reverse ramps up too fast. That will be the first adjustment. To lower speed I just lower motor rpms correct?
Old 01-22-2019, 11:50 PM   #6
sigfla45
Gone Wild

I just ordered a USB cable but the manual says USB A male to USB B female. All the cables I see listed or mentioned on here are male to male. Which do I need?
Old 01-23-2019, 12:24 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Programming requires a standard printer cable, and the little black plug is for the controller's program port.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg usb1_usb2.jpg (22.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-23-2019, 12:28 AM   #8
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Is it normal to buzz while rolling backwards with F/R switch in Forward? Didn’t notice that before. Reading the manual now and no mention of it. I will prob just leave the USB plugged in. It’s tight getting to it now.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:32 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfla45 View Post
Just got done with a test run. Big difference in torque. Acceleration is improved but not crazy. I forgot my phone so i couldn't test speed but I am sure I was improved upon my 20 mph max with the stock controller. A lot of regen braking but it didn't bother me. I might tweak it later.

I will have to read up on the software and find a cable. I had thought it would be included. I need to figure out what the black plug that comes in the bag of screws and diodes is for. I am curious now what my settings look like. I hope I am getting full throttle b/c I never figured out how to adjust my ITS plunger. I unlocked the nut but there was no adjustability in the plunger. Its plenty fast now though so no complaints.

I mounted the Alltrax per their instructions and I now wish i had inverted it. The lights and controller port are hard to get to. Also the Tow/Run switch clearance is tight. I did notice the solenoid seems much louder than before and while in Forward if the cart started rolling backwards the reverse buzzer went off. I had not noticed the cart doing that before.

Thats Scotty for all the questions and assistance on the board.
Go to the Stickies and download the manual. It tells how to adjust ITS.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:03 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you leave the usb cable plugged in be aware of of this danger.
The only way I know of to kill the Alltrax controller and void the warranty is by letting the usb cable contact the carts battery current while being plugged into the controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO