lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2019, 07:01 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48v ‘95 CC DS slow up hills and reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntbuggy View Post
Mine doesn’t have a peg like that one, let me post a pic of my pedal assembly. The idea is to get this thing all the way to the top when the pedal is pushed all the way down? This is where it’s at when the pedal is all the way down. You can see it’s kinda between the last one.
You may have a 0-5kΩ throttle (4 wires coming out of that box), in that design the wiper arm has to be fully on top of the last pad to get full speed.

The later throttles (5 wires) in the same VGlide body use a different system where just touching the last pad gave you 100% throttle.

There are adjustments in rod from the pedal to the VGlide box that you can use to make sure the VGlide wiper arm is resting entirely on the last pad at pedal down.

Very little current flows through that VGlide, so the wiper ARM pad alignment to the other pads is not critical as long as it is making contact.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MultiStep_Adjustment_0_5k.jpg (472.9 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2019, 11:10 AM   #12
Huntbuggy
Not Yet Wild

I didn’t see a spring thing behind the batteries, does that mean it’s a solid state cart? I extended the accelerator rod (it has a little bit of adjustment on it) so the the v groove brush covers all the pads instead of stopping halfway over the last one. That seemed to give a little boost. 12 mph on flat ground, 6 mph going backwards, going up the hill it was ay 7-8 mph.
Huntbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:39 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unless you have a lot of heavy cables instead of 4 small wires going to the VGlide, it is a Solid State cart with a Controller.

You can try going uphill with a loaded cart a few times then feel around the high current path: Solenoid, FNR and cables for anything that is hot.

You can disconnect the White and the Black wires from micro-switch #3 and wrap them individually with electrical tape so You will have the same speed forward and Reverse.

What is the pack voltage when the cart is going slow uphill?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:54 AM   #14
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your motor have a similar look as my original ?
Some call it “Blue label” , (slow but reliable)
Designed slow for golf courses.
No real upgrades without starting with the motor.

Speed in Reverse circuit is wired to be slower. Which
Is a good thing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 309BFDF5-9971-40D7-9694-5677697AE854.jpg (157.2 KB, 0 views)
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:20 PM   #15
zparnell
Not Yet Wild

I've got a 97 which performs just like you describe. Mine has the blue label motor. I'm fine with the level ground speed but would like a little more on the hills also.
zparnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:35 PM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zparnell View Post
I've got a 97 which performs just like you describe. Mine has the blue label motor. I'm fine with the level ground speed but would like a little more on the hills also.
If all things are performing correctly on your cart, you would need to upgrade to a torque motor or motor/controller combo to meet your goal.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car