lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #1
hbk_136
Not Yet Wild

Default Need some 2008 RXV expert guidance please (cart not moving)

Ok I have been following and reading many other threads about RXV's not moving and picking up useful information...but I am here to ask for some tailored guidance of my own.

I got a 2008 RXV for free from a previous owner that didn't run. So I knew I would probably has to spend some effort and money, which I am ok with. It had no motor brake, and he claimed it was bypassed and running fine for a few years. Then he said he was wiring up a headlight switch and something sparked and it never ran since.

I inherited it and have begun the process of undoing all of his "personal work" aka rednecking.

When I got it, all it would do was click the solenoid and buzz in R, and SOC meter would always blink at the lowest level. So far I have replaced the solenoid, replaced the motor brake, and replaced the Danaher controller.

I now have solenoid clicking, the motor brake will disengage in N and Tow, R has buzzer, SOC meter reads full, but I cannot get the cart to move. The batteries are great, has about 50.8V full charge. Charger and charging port works, according to all the wiring diagrams I can see most everything is hooked up right, the gas and brake pedal "switches" are working properly (I don't quite know how to test the ITS sensors on the side, it seems they need to be powered to check from my research.

(First off, let me just say I am fairly handy with electrical checks and wiring diagrams so I feel like with the direction I can tackle any suggestions)

I feel like I am getting close, but don't know where to go from here. I have read it is very uncommon for the actual motor to go out/bad. But anything to test/check/clean there? Next I am also thinking maybe the ITS sensor on the accelerator (or brake) pedals? Is there an easy way to test or is buying a used one for $40 a worthwhile swapout try? Next, I haven't messed with the resistor bleeder or the actual brake resistor controller, so not sure if they are working or not, are there any easy tests for those to eliminate them? I was just wanting to do everything I can on my end before I take it to someone to run a diagnostic (which I'm sure would be handy, and I will, just wanted to put the effort forth on my part only because it isn't SUPER easy for me to load this thing and take it there, but I will after exhausting what I can do)

And lastly, they put in their own headlight switch, which was completely dead, as no position on the switch closed the circuit so I currently have it removed, but nothing on the "accessory" side (headlights/brake lights) should affect cart movement right? Yes the run plug it shorting its 2 paths properly. Also have no horn, and brake light relay wires (purple and red) up front are connected to nothing (not needed unless I want brake lights correct?)

I have seen many of you chime in multiple threads with great advice or technical savvy, so can you nudge me in the right direction please?
hbk_136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2019, 08:57 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Need some 2008 RXV expert guidance please (cart not moving)

Rxv doesn't use a ITS. Please download "danaher rxv troubleshooting guide", it has many tests for you.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:50 PM   #3
hbk_136
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need some 2008 RXV expert guidance please (cart not moving)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Rxv doesn't use a ITS. Please download "danaher rxv troubleshooting guide", it has many tests for you.
Wow that guide looks fantastic, I will do a bunch of those tomorrow thanks!
hbk_136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO