lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2019, 06:07 AM   #1
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 12V fuse panel, where to install?

I installed my converter yesterday and now I’m contemplating where to install my fuse panel. I bought a marine 6 way fuse panel with ground bias and cover, it’s all in one so that’s kind of nice. I was thinking about installing it under the seat up against the front support where the FWD/ REV handle is. I would drill 4 holes and use stainless hardware to attach. I need some ideas. Cart is an 03 DS

Tnx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2019, 06:22 AM   #2
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 12V fuse panel, where to install?

I installed my fuse block in the passenger cubby box. I did this for two reasons. 1. weather protection and 2. Minimize the circuit wiring to the 12 volt switches and accessories. My cart was built for hunting so I blacked out a Tupperware sandwich container and put the block inside. My block did not come with a cover. Easy to access and doesn't take up much space.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0792.jpg (182.8 KB, 0 views)
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

I like that idea, but I want it to be a little less conspicuous. Ideally I want it somewhere unseen and easy to get to.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:36 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Mine is next to the convertor, I used a piece of ABS and made a panel where the OBC used to be and mounted it there. Works great and easy to get to. Theres some room on that brace if you still have OBC. Just remove the access panel and make sure you drill clear of your controller. But I never drive through water the only thing that I get on it (or my batteries, controller, etc) is grass and dust. And theh get plenty of that lol

I'm just not a fan of drilling holes through the body to mount stuff next to the fnr switch. I dont like seeing screws.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:45 AM   #5
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

I also installed my 6 way fuse panel in the clove box all for the some reason that Hunter said. Less wireing, out of the weather. I also have glove box doors. I like them it gives the cart a cleaner look.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Under the seat is usually the easiest place if you don't want the panel to be seen.

Get some 3M heavy duty double sided tape and you can stick it to the body with that rather than drilling holes. Or get some small angle brackets from a hardware store and bolt them to the cross bar that goes under the front edge of the body and mount the fuse panel to those. Wherever you mount it, just make sure it's not going to be in the way of batteries. Or not going to be blocked by batteries or other wiring when it's installed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #7
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Ellis View Post
I installed my converter yesterday and now I’m contemplating where to install my fuse panel. I bought a marine 6 way fuse panel with ground bias and cover, it’s all in one so that’s kind of nice. I was thinking about installing it under the seat up against the front support where the FWD/ REV handle is. I would drill 4 holes and use stainless hardware to attach. I need some ideas. Cart is an 03 DS

Tnx

this is exactly where i put mine (also 6 way block with ground and cover). instead of mounting right to the frame spot i made a bracket out of sheet aluminum and bent a 90 in it bolted it to the frame support with 2 bolts then bolted the fuse panel to the top. see this post for pictures: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1601795
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:11 AM   #8
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
this is exactly where i put mine (also 6 way block with ground and cover). instead of mounting right to the frame spot i made a bracket out of sheet aluminum and bent a 90 in it bolted it to the frame support with 2 bolts then bolted the fuse panel to the top. see this post for pictures: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1601795
that is an awesome spot. i think Ill do the same.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #9
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Ellis View Post
that is an awesome spot. i think Ill do the same.
I'd worry bout splashes mounting it in that area if you plan on doing any off road driving.

Doing as Fairtax4me stated and using heavy duty outdoor 3M double sided tape and mounting it against the inside of the body up as high as possible would be good or mounted up high against the frame under the seat will work good. Anywhere that's easily accessible and high/dry will be good to go
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:31 AM   #10
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

So I think I’m going to mount it under the rear seat to the right of the charging port. I’m going to go with 3m 5 minute epoxy, shouldn’t be an issue with water and will allow easy access to the panel

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car