lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
Jmski333
Not Yet Wild

Default Curtis 1268 Throttle Fault Trouble Shooting

Hello Everyone! First post here but have been reading everything I can to try and figure out what is going on with my Ruff and Tuff cart. From what I understand Ruff and Tuff is just a modified version of the EZGO so that is why I am posting here.

So I bought the cart used last year and it worked great until it started to get below freezing this winter and then it would only work intermittently. For example I would be driving through my woods and then go to hit the pedal and the cart would not move at all. Lights, winch, dash all worked fine but the cart would not move. Turn it off, back on several times and sometimes that'd work, sometimes it wouldn't. I even had to tow it back to the house before.

I initially blamed it on the cold temps and the fact that the batteries are 7-8 years old but it continued to do it this spring. Now the cart has completely stopped working and the curtis 1268 controller is flashing the 1,2 throttle fault.

QUESTION: What could be causing my Curtis 1268 Controller to throw the 1,2 throttle fault on the status and also causing the cart to be throttle unresponsive. Curtis manual says it could be crossed wires and open wires but I just am not seeing that when I look through the wiring harness. It looks brand new and all behind insulation. I ordered a whole new throttle assembly from China because I had a hard time finding a 3 wire ITS and after hooking that up I still got no response and the same code. Is my next option really to pull the whole wiring system apart and look for wire faults?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jmski333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2019, 03:53 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Curtis 1268 Throttle Fault Trouble Shooting

ITS has only 2 wires, so I suppose a 3 wire one would be hard to find.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:27 AM   #3
Jmski333
Not Yet Wild

Just wanted to update this thread in hopes it might help someone else out. After changing the ITS and the whole throttle assembly and changing both Solenoids with no success. I finally was able to figure out the issue.

There is a safety switch in the parking break on the Ruff and Tuff to prevent someone from driving the cart with the parking break on and potentially burning up the motor or breaks. My parking break safety switch failed which made the computer think the cart was in park. I have temporarily bypassed the switch until my replacement part comes in. Cart is working fine again. Found the issue with dumb luck I guess since there isn’t much wiring information on these carts.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:29 AM   #4
Jmski333
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
ITS has only 2 wires, so I suppose a 3 wire one would be hard to find.
3 wire ITS was hard to find. Had to have it shipped in from China and in a full throttle assembly.. Wasn’t the issue though... haha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO