lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
javvaa1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default DC Reducer Not working??

I recently installed the Scotty B's DC reducer on my EZGO Marathon so I can have a stereo but the stereo never turns on. I believe I have everything hooked up right, I even plugged the radio directly to the yellow cable and it blew a fuse on the stereo. Does anyone have any knowledge on this reducer and if I installed it wrong, I followed the directions but the stereo does not turn on. Pictures or any type of suggestions would help, thanks in advanced!
javvaa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2019, 09:34 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: DC Reducer Not working??

There are different reducers with different colored wires. You’d have to post a pic of your wiring diagram or have scottyb confirm. I have one of his, but it’s a couple of years old and there’s no guarantee our wire colors match. Either way, get a multi meter so that you can test for proper voltage in and out. Without that you’re just guessing, which will only lead to frustration and/or damaging things.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:07 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you hooked it up and blew the fuse, the stereo is probably a fancy looking paperweight.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:13 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by javvaa1 View Post
I recently installed the Scotty B's DC reducer on my EZGO Marathon so I can have a stereo but the stereo never turns on. I believe I have everything hooked up right, I even plugged the radio directly to the yellow cable and it blew a fuse on the stereo. Does anyone have any knowledge on this reducer and if I installed it wrong, I followed the directions but the stereo does not turn on. Pictures or any type of suggestions would help, thanks in advanced!
Kinda mutually exclusive. If you wired it correctly, the yellow wire should have either 36 or 48 volts. That's not what your radio wants.

Did you use a meter to check reducer output?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO