lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2019, 08:01 AM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Alltrax 4865 Throttle up setting

I lost 400-lbs going to lithium. (and the cart did too!!) Now, what happens is when I hit the go-peddle when in reverse, if I'm not very careful the cart takes off at "neck snapping" speed.

The factory setting of the "Throttle up" was set at "5" (see fuzzy pic). So, I changed it to 3 and reverse was much better and forward wasn't significantly different.

Then I decided to take it down to 1 and try that. Reverse was great. However....(always a however)......yesterday I took it out to a fishing hole and went down\up a "real trail". When I was going forward, at times I let off the gas, then hit it. The cart felt "unresponsive" as if a there was no power to the motor......like a wire had been cut.

After some driving I determined that setting this adjustment down to "1" may work well in reverse.......in forward it's the pits. So, I'm going to bump it back to 3 and test it again....in "real world" circumstances.

Just some facts for those who mess with these settings.

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2019, 08:15 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax 4865 Throttle up setting

That looks like SPM or AXE software? It should have a separate speed setting for reverse. IN this setting reverse is 50% of forward by default. It may be set to 100% if yes try 75% or 50% ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:23 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You're one of a dying AXE breed.

Just in case you didn't know, on a Win machine, you can press PrtScr and then simply paste the image in Paint, then crop and save.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The old AXE only has a check box for 1/2 speed reverse:

In order for that to be active your FNR must provide +48v (pack voltage) to terminal #4 when the FNR is on reverse:

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

It's not connected. Thanks Sergio. Another one of those things I just don't look at once it's running well. My 50% reverse speed box is checked. I've never held the go peddle down long enough to see if revers speed is similar to forward speed. I've had no need to. Plus.....it's tough to see trees coming at ya when you're flying in reverse!!!

So, all I need to do is put a positive battery connection to this controller #4 tab? EDIT: I read the operator's manual and it just states (as Sergio said) that for this to work, a positive power must be connected. So, I believe I can simply crimp up a wire from the + on the solenoid to go to this controller tab.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
You're one of a dying AXE breed.

Just in case you didn't know, on a Win machine, you can press PrtScr and then simply paste the image in Paint, then crop and save.
I am from "if it ain't broke.....don't fix it" crowd. As long as it's running good and gets me into the woods where I can hunt\fish.....that's my priority.

When this one fry's.....if ever......I'll upgrade.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

DaveTM, not from the Solenoid, You only want power there when the FNR is on Reverse.

I though You are using a Reverse Contactor, if so just run the wire from positive activation wire for the side that is engaged in Reverse to that controller pin #4.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you just run "any 'ol" positive wire there, it will be in 1/2 speed all the time. The wire must only be active when reverse is selected.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:52 PM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Thanks Gent's. I'll figure out which wire on my F\R switch is for reverse and wire accordingly.

Again.....Thanks!!
Old 06-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Officially the 50% reverse feature on the AXE simply takes the linear 100% throttle point and drags it down to 50%. Everything else remains the same = same throttle response rate as forward.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO