lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #1
polocheck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Project Cart, Insight Needed

I’m looking at getting an older project cart for the fall/winter. I like the idea of getting a marathon and converting it to 48v. What performance can I expect from it? What challenges would I have with finding aftermarket parts and motors? I had an RXV that I sold and would like to get similar performance if possible. It would be mainly for golfing and neighborhood cruising.
polocheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2019, 02:38 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Project Cart, Insight Needed

most likely you are looking at a SERIES drive system......the first questions most of us would have is what do you NEED it to do? how fast do you want it to go? is your area hilly? do you intend to lift it? run larger wheels/tires?

as far as what kind of performance you can get out of it, it depends on what you want to put into it. as far as aftermarket parts/motors....the sky's the limit, there are tons of stuff available.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:15 AM   #3
polocheck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It’s mainly for golfing and neighborhood cruising. Mostly flat terrain. I’d like the performance to be similar to the RXV I had. 20-25mph. I will most likely run 14” wheels with low profile tires although a small lift to get some tires with more sidewall is a possibility.
polocheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

with a SERIES cart....you need to remember that a SERIES drive cart will run roughly 14 mph on 36v....

to obtain the performance goals you are wanting you would need to add a high speed motor to the mix of your upgrade....

you would need to upgrade the entire drive system. 400a 0r 500a controller, SD solenoid, HD F&R switch, 2 ga cables, and a high speed motor.

for your needs and to get where you want to be, you might want to consider a little newer cart and get a PDS drive system cart to upgrade/build.

as you can see in my sig, I have a SERIES drive cart....and all that I have upgraded....although you would be running 20" wheels/tires vs the 23" wheels/tires that I have on mine....which would slow mine down a bit but not much, you would expect to have the performance you would be looking for.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO