lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
BuggiesSteimi43
Not Yet Wild

Default FWD and REV Opposite Direction

I have replaced the Controller, FWD/REV Switch, Motor and New Batteries. All these were bad on this TXTE Cart. OI have it all wired as Buggies Tech's have instructed me to do and the Cart goes in the opposite direction then it is supposed to do in FWD and REV.
This is a Series cart and I was instructed to use only the M- B- and B+ terminals on the New Controller.
Can I just swap wires on the FWD/REV Switch to make the cart got FWD when in FWD and REV when in REV? That is what I am hoping for so this is an easy fix.

Thank You.
BuggiesSteimi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2019, 06:27 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: FWDand REV Opposite Direction

Yes
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:24 PM   #3
BuggiesSteimi43
Not Yet Wild

Knowing what wires to change is what I am looking for. Not an answer. I don't want to just swap out some wires and burn something up. Thanks.
BuggiesSteimi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:27 PM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: FWD and REV Opposite Direction

Well, you asked if you could swap wires, and I answered you. Complaining about responses probably isn’t the best way to get help, but here’s a wiring diagram so that you can verify for yourself. And, assuming you actually do have a series cart with a mechanical forward and reverse switch, you can swap the cables at 3 and 9 o’clock.

Oh, and in the future you’re better off sourcing your upgrades from places other than where you did. The site sponsors here are a great place to get information and quality parts at good prices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 78205E4D-8DE6-4F17-A0FD-11DCB181D4CC.jpeg (69.5 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:37 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggiesSteimi43 View Post
Knowing what wires to change is what I am looking for. Not an answer. I don't want to just swap out some wires and burn something up. Thanks.
you can do this one of two ways.....you can either swap the cables at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions on the F&R OR swap the S1 and S2 cables on the motor, both with swap the F&R
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO