lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2019, 11:56 AM   #1
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax/PlumQuick/36V Series - intermittent power...

'04 36V Series cart. Alltrax SR48500/solenoid/FNR/Plum Quick Cobra/cables/etc. - been running great for a few months now.

The past 3 times we've taken the cart around the 'hood, I've had in intermittent power issue. Last night with a full charge, approached the stop sign, slowed to nearly a stop, then accelerated into the street. I instantly felt like the power was not there...it felt very sluggish and slow. I let off of the pedal, reapplied - solenoid clicked and NOTHING. Pedal up, down - NOTHING, repeat, NOTHING. After 5 cycles of the pedal, it was back to normal.

This morning, charged again, driving down street at 25 mph, squirrel runs out, I let off pedal, went back in and cart was slow. Let off, then reapplied and NOTHING. This happened twice today.

I have nut/bolted the whole system and found no issues. Nothing is hot, nothing is loose.

Basically every now and then when pedal is pressed it delivers half of the amperage it feels like. Then nothing, then its back to normal.

Where to begin?
papabearsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2019, 12:10 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax/PlumQuick/36V Series - intermittent power...

Connect a laptop to the SR controller and record a data log while driving. Use the Continuous sampling rate, which is better to capture abnormalities.

Also, there may be an error flag showing on the monitor screen while failure exists.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Monitor Tab - data logging circled.jpg (183.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Well, I went out and did a log...got caught in the rain, so it didn't save and now we have a hurricane approaching - might have to wait.

BUT...I did see it happen in real time. Left the driveway at full pedal and continued down my street and registered a max of 89% throttle on the green bar. When it finally acted up after I let up and got back in it, throttle bar was bouncy, from 5/25/33/44% and cart was jerky. Had a THROTTLE RANGE ERROR.

I didn't pay any more attention because it started to rain and I hauled tail.

I do have a throttle sensor here that I anticipated replacing but never had to.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That jittery throttle might be being caused by the 4-pin in-line connector between the pedal box cable and cart's wiring harness. You've got 10V down to 6V throttle signal from the ITS sensor and the battery pack voltage of the pedal switch in the same connector and all it takes is a little moisture and corrosion to get cross-talk between the two.

The in-line connector was to make cart easier to assemble at the factory, so it can be eliminated. Connect the four wires together individually with crimp-on butt splices or solder joints and waterproof with marine grade (adhesive filled) shrink tubing.

-----------
If that doesn't cure the problem, try replacing the ITS sensor.

The voltage between the Black and White wires (when plugged into the SR controller) should be 10V when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and 6V with pedal on floor.

-------------
Keep you and yours safe during the storm.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:07 PM   #5
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
That jittery throttle might be being caused by the 4-pin in-line connector between the pedal box cable and cart's wiring harness. You've got 10V down to 6V throttle signal from the ITS sensor and the battery pack voltage of the pedal switch in the same connector and all it takes is a little moisture and corrosion to get cross-talk between the two.

The in-line connector was to make cart easier to assemble at the factory, so it can be eliminated. Connect the four wires together individually with crimp-on butt splices or solder joints and waterproof with marine grade (adhesive filled) shrink tubing.

-----------
If that doesn't cure the problem, try replacing the ITS sensor.

The voltage between the Black and White wires (when plugged into the SR controller) should be 10V when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and 6V with pedal on floor.

-------------
Keep you and yours safe during the storm.
I will work on that connector today and give it a go. Thank You!!
Old 09-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #6
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Well, that 4 wire connector is not there...it appears someone has run a new wire from ITS to controller area.

I replaced ITS sensor and will report back.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #7
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Well, ran the test...at the throttle pins on the controller, I get 6.7V at first and then it drops to 3.8V at full pedal.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Time to contact Alltrax.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #9
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Replaced the ITS sensor and don't have any issues at all, but now I know that something is off...I emailed them.

Thanks for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO