lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
Mmarshall125
Not Yet Wild

Default Who has done Navitas ac conversion Yamaha G29

Hello All!!

I have been working an a 2016 G29. All I have left to do is the motor controller upgrade. I am leaning towards the navitas ac conversion as I have a small child and my wife drive the golf cart so dialing it back and or locking it out is a huge incentive for me. I would like some input on people who have done the conversion. How is it and how long did it take to install. Anything you didn’t foresee before dining it? Thank you!
Mmarshall125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2020, 09:17 AM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Who has done Navitas ac conversion Yamaha G29

I installed one of these in a member's cart 8 months ago. Cart is a beast and but can be tamed by the phone app. Simple plug and play install. Initially the cart would barely move when doing the startup on a Saturday, with no help from Navitas on weekends.

When I finally got in touch with a tech on Monday. He had me download and install a single file with an RXV file name and it came to life. What was happening is the controller thought is was -20°F so it would not run. The RXV file is a generic file (should be a temp correction file aptly named and on their website for download) that corrected the problem. Why they would make that fix impossible to find on their support site is beyond me. Simple fix, but there was no info on it anywhere. Plus, it being a Yamaha, why would I want to install an RXV labeled file.

I would recommend that upgrade. I would also install it on a weekday during Navitas working hours, just in case you need their help.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:41 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I haven’t done it but from what I have read it is definite boost but pricy. As for support the Navitas guys live on Facebook so I have seen them respond to people at all hours. I put the Alltrax Xct300 in my 2012 with the stock motor and it was definitely a boost and different profiles can be selected. I bought the 300 because I knew I would not lift it and it would be running stock tires. And it was a deal
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:09 PM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'll clarify, the one I installed was for a Yamaha G29 w/ Power Tech AC drive. I just replaced the factory controller. There was no controller/motor upgrade of a DC cart.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:35 PM   #5
Mmarshall125
Not Yet Wild

I definitely think the ac is the way I want to go but I am interested in knowing the biggest differences in the 440a 4kw and the 600a 5kw systems. Anyone have any input? Thank you all for your help.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:09 PM   #6
jetfixr
Not Yet Wild

I have one coming on the UPS truck. Tracking info shows it being here Friday and I am sure I will want to play with it on the weekend, and also work weekdays when tech support is available. Where was the RXV file buried on the Navitas site? I looked around but didnt see it.
jetfixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:34 AM   #7
Salado Bill
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Who has done Navitas ac conversion Yamaha G29

I have done this install on a customers cart and it very simple and strait forward. The performance difference was fantastic. Did have to do a reboot on the controller to get it to run but that was easy to do. I highly recomend this upgrade.
Salado Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #8
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfixr View Post
I have one coming on the UPS truck. Tracking info shows it being here Friday and I am sure I will want to play with it on the weekend, and also work weekdays when tech support is available. Where was the RXV file buried on the Navitas site? I looked around but didnt see it.
This is a memory test you have given me, and I'm old.... I had the dealer app open when I had Navitas tech on the phone. It was a simple download right where I was to the phone and quick install on controller. If, when you power up for a test and it barely moves, look at main page at the temperature. If it shows -20° etc, then you would probably need the file. May not be an issue today. Good luck on it.

Per Post #3. kgsc says you can find the Navitas techs via facebook on the weekend.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:22 PM   #9
Mmarshall125
Not Yet Wild

I ended up getting the AC conversion all set up. It was relatively straight forward to install. Wow what an improvement. All the neighbors broke their necks when my wife went flying down the street. This is the best investment I have made thus far. I highly recommend it if you are thinking about it.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #10
Yamerhammer13
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thumbs up Re: Who has done Navitas ac conversion Yamaha G29

I replaced stock controller with Navitas about 6 months ago and haven't been happier. Can beat the 25mph top speed. ( with stock motor )
Yamerhammer13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yamaha electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha