lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2021, 12:43 AM   #1
tconkling
Not Yet Wild

Default Building a fast Club Car

I'm new to carts but a long time car racer. I want to build a vary fast cart. I'm more interested in speed off the line than top end for now. I want a cart that is a rocket off the line for about the first 30-40 yards. I like the Club Car aluminum chassis due to lighter weight (and no rust). I have a 92 DS cart to build from or if needed I can get a different chassis. I need advice on motors, AC or DC, lead acid or lithium, tire size, and anything else to build a cart with maximum acceleration.
tconkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2021, 12:50 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Building a fast Club Car

Call David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars 706-431-3917 as he is the CC expert. You can tell him your goals and he will give you advice based on meeting them... All of our sponsors here can supply you good parts.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:15 AM   #3
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I have zero advice for you, but this sounds like an awesome project. When you finally figure out the direction of the build, make sure you create a build thread under Member's Rides so we can tag along. Have you seen @PlumQuick's drag cart videos? They've done some rocketships. I suspect the only limitation here will be your budget.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:15 AM   #4
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Advise from an old racer
fast,cheap,reliable
pick 2
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:28 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Call David hicks for controller and other upgrade parts.

Call plum quick for a custom motor. They’ll build you exactly what you want.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:30 PM   #6
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tconkling View Post
I'm new to carts but a long time car racer. I want to build a vary fast cart. I'm more interested in speed off the line than top end for now. I want a cart that is a rocket off the line for about the first 30-40 yards. I like the Club Car aluminum chassis due to lighter weight (and no rust). I have a 92 DS cart to build from or if needed I can get a different chassis. I need advice on motors, AC or DC, lead acid or lithium, tire size, and anything else to build a cart with maximum acceleration.
David Hicks is for sure the guy to talk to.

I'd say if acceleration is your primary goal, the very basics are keep tire diameter at a minimum, (make sure your cart doesn't have "high speed" gears already in it), and use lithium power if you can (>48v if possible) in order to save weight and reduce voltage sag under acceleration. Heavy battery / controller / motor cables as well, esp. if using a straight DC system. I'd also consider a beefy solenoid for good measure.

There are multiple motor / controller combos out there that will do what you want. David can give you the scoop on the differences.

Good luck with it.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:55 AM   #7
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I built my CC DS for hunting and off road use, not for speed. However, it will pull wheelies off the line at about 80% throttle (this is a guess, I have not run a monitor file off my Alltrax). I plan on dialing in the throttle through the Alltrax, so as to not pull wheelies at 100% throttle off the line. It ain't good for the gears!

You can see in my sig everything I have done to the buggy. David Hicks came up with the setup for me. Hopefully this information gives you some insight as to what is possible.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:02 AM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Speed from a series cart is difficult and expensive, but since you still have to replace most everything anyway, go ahead and upgrade to the IQ regen system, or you could even go to a AC conversion. All of which David Hicks can help you with.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:06 AM   #9
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I wonder if this guy will come back. Hope so, I'd love to see a drag build.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 04:30 PM   #10
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

So would I.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car