lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2021, 05:06 PM   #11
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Flasher Relay Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
simicrintz, that is only a concern if you have a working OBC as the current used by any accessory must pass through the OBC to be measured.

When you have a smart charger you can just run a single 10ga wire from pack negative to a busbar and then connect all accessories negatives as well as the reducer input and output negatives to that busbar.

The only reason to keep the converter negative input and output separate is if you have an "isolated" voltage converter and that would be clearly labeled on the converter and reflected on your wallet as they are more expensive.
Thank you, Sergio. I went out and looked at one of my negative posts where I have my BMS and the negative for the VR hooked up, which is where I got concerned. I need to go get a busbar (forgot about that) to clean stuff up anyway.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2021, 05:07 PM   #12
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post
EDIT: Just realized OBC may be onboard computer. If I need to reconnect that then I am confused as to how to wire this thing up.
You are correct-OBC is onboard computer.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:19 PM   #13
morvolts2
Gone Wild

I was looking for an insulator for busbars(we call them Johnny balls) and then remembered
the fuse holders Im using for mains fuse. I had some pieces of busbar so made my own.
Just remember to use isolated busbars for both positive(+) and negative(-) and never use the chassis for a ground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210108_180933.jpg (130.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210108_181020.jpg (70.2 KB, 0 views)
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:04 PM   #14
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

So looking back at picture I posted, you can see there is no plastic schroud where the OBC would be on the face of the cover of the controller. I just watched a few videos on Youtube and that plastic piece with bar codes and model info. He purchased this cart from someone who bought it from a guy who took fleet cats and souped them up and sold them. He actually has a Plum Quick motor too and has a FSIP chargeplus charger so I think the computer was removed. Im almost 100% confident things are kosher now.

PS - He bought a new relay and everything works perfect.
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car