lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2021, 04:54 PM   #1
Rmiller863
Getting Wild

Default Fuel pump vacuum line shooting oil out?

I bought a cheap club car transporter four that needs some TLC and parts. I was trying to piece some things together to see if the motor is good and will run. I cleaned the tank and carb and was getting no fuel from my tank in the lines. I took the vacuum line off to feel it pulse to make sure the pump was good. When I did oil started shooting out of the hose that goes on the vacuum side. I checked the oil and it was over full. A lot. I drained some oil out to the normal level and tried it again. No more oil shooting out. I got some pulse but it seemed to be pushing more air out than pulsing. I did feel a small pulse though.

After i did this I was still getting no fuel but realized that the fuel pick up line was broken off inside the tank. I have ordered a new fuel pick up line and valve, but in the mean time while I’m waiting for it to get here, what does it mean to have the vacuum line pushing out and not much pulling in? Is the motor bad on this cart? Thanks
Rmiller863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2021, 08:46 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Fuel pump vacuum line shooting oil out?

That’s fairly normal and to be expected. It’s pushing vapors and whisks into it, shouldn’t be like an oil spout my and means. But it will gather in the hose and condense.

I would replace the hose and when you put a new one in, make 100% sure it goes “up hill” the entire way to the fuel pump. This allows the oil to drain back into the motor. If there’s a drop in the line then it will pool up in there and kill the pulse.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:53 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

It’s not a vacuum line is why you don’t feel it pulling in. It’s a pulse line, so it sounds like it’s doing as it’s supposed to. Make sure the pulse hose doesn’t droop down between the engine and the pump.
The oil being overfilled usually means the carb float is stuck or the flat needle is leaking and it filled the engine with gas. A good cleaning of the carb usually takes care of it, but the oil needs to be totally drained and the filter changed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:13 AM   #4
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Thanks
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car