lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
PARTSSOURCE1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Dead no turn over L401

I have a Ez go L401 gas it just shut down and would do any thing no power good batter found the micro switch on the gas pedal to be bad changed it ok now got power going though the cart but still won't turn over check wires found that only one of the small post on the solenoid get power when you step on the pedal and the batter side has power but nothing going though to the starter side so thought the solenoid was bad also so got new one changed it out and still have the same issues been chasing wires for 3 day now find no issues any ideals where to go from here ready to dig a big hole LOL
PARTSSOURCE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
barber878
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dead no turn over L401

Hey man i'm having the same problem if you find out what it is let me know and I will do the same for you.
barber878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
PARTSSOURCE1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

will do
Old 07-26-2009, 07:46 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

If you jump the solenoid will It turn over? kinda sounds like bad connection or wire at the battery, you need to clean and check those. that probably accounts for around 90% of the problems on ezgos.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #5
PARTSSOURCE1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Done that batter clean and if you jump the cart will turn over if you try to start it the right way nothing have power to the beeper key and pedal micro but if you go back to sil you get power at the large batter side post and on the one small post but it don't tranfer across to the starter post ot the other small post change the sil and it didn't change any thing so thought might of got a bad one so went a bought a 2nd one same thing
Old 07-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
kinda sounds like bad connection or wire at the battery, (or in that system)you need to clean and check those. that probably accounts for around 90% of the problems on ezgos.
Well if you had power to all the wires, micro, and solenoid then it sould work and we shouldn't be having this conversation.
it can show 12volts and still have a bad connection. maybe it's the key switch, they wear out.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
PARTSSOURCE1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No that why we are having it because I didn't know were to turn I can all the power on and off buy the key and the pedal I just can't get to go though the soli to power the starter post I try changing the key if you think that can be it just don't keep tossng money at it if not going to fix if you know what I mean
Old 07-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Goat53
Gone Wild

Done that batter clean and if you jump the cart will turn over if you try to start it the right way nothing
If the engine turns when the solonoid is jumped , and will not otherwise turn normally ,,,,sounds like a bad $35. solonoid to me , DO NOT USE AN AUTOMOTIVE solonoid to replace it as you will have to change it every week , I have 4 ford selonoids in the barn trying this .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
PARTSSOURCE1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Not first came from napa was for a cartit cost $18.00 and nothing change so I said well maybe it won't work or it bad so went to the EZ-GO dealer here and bought one. He charged me $38.00 and still doing the same so now I don't
Where to turn don't want take the cart to the dealer and pay the $100.00 a hour if I don't have to but starting to wonder now I'm lost and don't what to check next
Old 07-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #10
Goat53
Gone Wild

you did check the fuse ??
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO