lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #21
flasharps
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Admiral MOT-A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Me too, but when you are going close to 30mph any additional braking in addition to the drum brakes is very nice!
LOL! I hear ya! I agree.

Thanks for all the info! It really helps! Do you have some photo's of your cart you want to share? Here are some larger ones of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS CC 010.jpg (197.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg SS CC 016.jpg (197.4 KB, 6 views)
flasharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #22
flasharps
Getting Wild

Club Car

Well..... No motor and controller today.

Hoping it comes tomorrow!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #23
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by flasharps View Post
Do you have some photo's of your cart you want to share? Here are some larger ones of mine.
These aren't quite current, no picture of it since the diamond plate on the side and the custom steering wheel. Pics also don't reflect the, 2 gauge wiring, or the new controller, or the black enclosure. Lots of before and after. I'll get some updated pictures of it this weekend.

http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...69126026rWriOE
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #24
flasharps
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
These aren't quite current, no picture of it since the diamond plate on the side and the custom steering wheel. Pics also don't reflect the, 2 gauge wiring, or the new controller, or the black enclosure. Lots of before and after. I'll get some updated pictures of it this weekend.

http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...69126026rWriOE
Very Nice!!!

The next thing I want to do is replace the back springs!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #25
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Very Nice!!!

The next thing I want to do is replace the back springs!
If you are not going to put a rear seat on then don't replace the rear springs only add an add a leaf, otherwise it will be way to rough.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #26
flasharps
Getting Wild

Club Car

A rear seat is going on right after the motor goes in. The only added weight would be from our kids on the back seat.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #27
flasharps
Getting Wild

Club Car

Do you have to add the rear leaf set with a back seat, or can you get by with what is on the cart?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #28
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the springs you see in the pictures. The single leaf were the stock ones. I drove around for a year with the heavy duty leafs like you see in the picture but they were still to stout. On the heavy duty leafs in the pictures, you can see there are four leafs, I removed the middle two and just run the main spring and the small flat over load spring, it rides really nice now, firmer than stock, softer than a brick. But it depends on manufacture of the spring pack as they may manufacture to different rates. Best thing to do is buy a pack of heavy duty leafs, and then modify them to your liking. And one more note, after changing the heavy duty springs to how they are now, I had to remove the shock extensions and just have the shocks bolted up as normal now. Again, let me get some good pictures of it as is now and and I will post tonight or tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #29
flasharps
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I have the springs you see in the pictures. The single leaf were the stock ones. I drove around for a year with the heavy duty leafs like you see in the picture but they were still to stout. On the heavy duty leafs in the pictures, you can see there are four leafs, I removed the middle two and just run the main spring and the small flat over load spring, it rides really nice now, firmer than stock, softer than a brick. But it depends on manufacture of the spring pack as they may manufacture to different rates. Best thing to do is buy a pack of heavy duty leafs, and then modify them to your liking. And one more note, after changing the heavy duty springs to how they are now, I had to remove the shock extensions and just have the shocks bolted up as normal now. Again, let me get some good pictures of it as is now and and I will post tonight or tomorrow.
You Rock!

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #30
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
You Rock!

Thanks!
Just trying to help, and just so you know the only reason you see my axle out and on the work bench is my stock motor was rust welded to the shaft, I had to destroy my old motor to get it off. I have a side business working on carts and I've never seen this on any other cart but mine. Otherwise they should just slide right off. I did put anti-seize lube on the splines when I put my Admiral on.

Check this out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car