lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Default Re: Bearing ?

You cant hear that? I jsut pulled it up on phone and the tree had nothing to do with it
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2010, 07:08 PM   #12
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

it probably has sound, I'm on dial up and it'll take me 45 min to be able to hear something I can't hear anyway!!
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I listened to the video, but to be honest it is hard to decipher (maybe too much noise here at the moment).

does the whine go away after you release power and are in "coast" mode? If so, you are looking at a motor bearing issue.

If not, you are looking at the rear end. To be honest, what I heard sounded like a possible bad input shaft bearing, you also sound like there is a bit of gear slap as well. When is the last time you inspected/changed your gear oil?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #14
ChevyRacing75

Club Car

It doesnt go away when you coast but it itermitinly does it. If I coast and hold throttle half way it goes away but if I floor it it starts again. Its like I can find a sweet spot where I can make it silent while coasting down hill.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #15
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like the motor bearing is bad or it has slipped on the armature causing the armature to wobble slightly.
Remove the wires to the motor and the screws that secure the motor to the diff, pull the motor out to just clear the indented area where it seats to the diff, then use the drive wheel (the one you jacked up) to rotate the entire motor. The motor shouldn't wobble.
Do you have one of these installed?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Golf-Cart-EZGO-S...item3a5555811a

This bumper is supposed to prevent the armature from walking toward the diff input shaft.

Last edited by e-z-go1988; 08-31-2010 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: link
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:40 PM   #16
ChevyRacing75

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-z-go1988 View Post
Sounds like the motor bearing is bad or it has slipped on the armature causing the armature to wobble slightly.
Remove the wires to the motor and the screws that secure the motor to the diff, pull the motor out to just clear the indented area where it seats to the diff, then use the drive wheel (the one you jacked up) to rotate the entire motor. The motor shouldn't wobble.
Do you have one of these installed?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Golf-Cart-EZGO-S...item3a5555811a

This bumper is supposed to prevent the armature from walking toward the diff input shaft.
I have no idea if I have that piece. Sounds like I just need to tear down the rear of it and check everything.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #17
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Chevy, I am not sue if the stock ezgo bearing will work in this case, I think it would but I would double check, heck if it is the motor, now is the time to send it off for a bigger upgrade on the motor to PQ
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:07 PM   #18
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is a PQ motor already I believe..... Before opening up the motor I would contact PQ regarding the issue and see what they have to say. there may be a warranty issue to deal with here.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #19
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
It is a PQ motor already I believe..... Before opening up the motor I would contact PQ regarding the issue and see what they have to say. there may be a warranty issue to deal with here.
Good Point
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:27 PM   #20
ChevyRacing75

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
The PQ motor was in it when I got the cart so I dont even know how old it is. If its the bearing thats not there fault. Who realy knows what the cart went thru before I got it
I added all the other stuff. Controller, conversion, wires, etc... Motor was in it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO