lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
dkscism
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Speed upgrade: The biggest bang for my buck?

Hey I have a 91 marathon 36v (6 6volts). It is a controller cart. I wanna make it faster. I have considered upgrading to 48v. I have also considered an upgrade from plum quick (the purple-bandit motor). Which option would be the best bang for my buck? Are there any other options that could result in significant spEed/torque gains.
dkscism is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Default Re: Speed upgrade: The biggest bang for my buck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkscism View Post
Hey I have a 91 marathon 36v (6 6volts). It is a controller cart. I wanna make it faster. I have considered upgrading to 48v. I have also considered an upgrade from plum quick (the purple-bandit motor). Which option would be the best bang for my buck? Are there any other options that could result in significant spEed/torque gains.
I would do the 48 volt upgrade, this will give you a big kick...........if by chance you need more after that......you could have the motor upgraded then, but going with 48 volts might give you what you want and you would save the upgraded motor price............
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the same cart,94 controller and its' a slug.Don't want to go 48v due to the fact batts are new,4ga cables are done and buying a new charger.A late modle EZ PDS with a chip will run 20 mph and go up hills,on 36 volts.So what are the other options PQ ???Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet View Post
I have the same cart,94 controller and its' a slug.Don't want to go 48v due to the fact batts are new,4ga cables are done and buying a new charger.A late modle EZ PDS with a chip will run 20 mph and go up hills,on 36 volts.So what are the other options PQ ???Dave
36 volt upgrade with good batteries around a 20% increase in both torque and speed with stock motor, now if you want more and you have good batteries........then you can go with our new build motors that are higher HP, you will need higher amp controller, 4ga. wires and again make sure you have good batteries.............these motors can and will draw MORE amps, and you will see more of a voltage drop over just an upgraded stock motor, and yes they cost more..........
First, I would check the voltage drop across your battery pack with your stock motor and see where your voltage drops to and more important where and how fast the voltage comes back once the cart starts moving.....hope this helps.........
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

PQ sent you PM ,don't want to hijack...Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO