lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
FLandMDTXT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003? TXT won't move

Sorry for all of the questions. If I put 36V to the red wire on the small post of the solenoid, will that click it in? If it should that is not working. It it common to have multiple failures after a cart has sat for about a year?
FLandMDTXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It can be? The solenoid activation is pos and neg 36v at the small terminals. That should draw the contactor up with a loud click.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #13
FLandMDTXT
Not Yet Wild

I priced that wire, Reed switch, and they told me $38. If I'll never move the cart while it is plugged in, any issues with just putting on a 12 gauge wire and eliminate the Reed switch?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #14
FLandMDTXT
Not Yet Wild

Just as a follow up. The cart is now running. I had a bad ignition switch, reed switch and solenoid. I replaced the ignition and solenoid and deleted the reed switch and took the wire that leads to the forward micro switch and hooked it directly to the last positive battery cable. Seems like I have about $500-900 less in my cart than what ones like it go for in my area.

Scottyb-thanks very much for the wiring sequence. It worked well. I also noticed they had the back up alarm wired to the common wire on the reverse micro switch and therefore sounded in forward and reverse.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO