lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #61
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrade decision - need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
His is a series cart with a stock motor. His expected gains were 25-30%. 30% is what he got. What he also got was 25-30% increase in torque. A motor alone upgrade reduces torque.

scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #62
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

So no additional torque from just the new controller vs. the stock controller?

Also have a question about the charger for the 12v leg - my automatic charger is a deep cycle/marine charger - starts at 10 amps, but when charge current reaches @ 5 amps, it switches to 2 amps for the remainder of the charge. If I just leave it hooked up, it turns on periodically to check charge state, trickles it back up, and then shuts off again. It will never be normally plugged in for longer than overnight - am I good with this charger?
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:03 PM   #63
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardLeg View Post
So no additional torque from just the new controller vs. the stock controller?

Also have a question about the charger for the 12v leg - my automatic charger is a deep cycle/marine charger - starts at 10 amps, but when charge current reaches @ 5 amps, it switches to 2 amps for the remainder of the charge. If I just leave it hooked up, it turns on periodically to check charge state, trickles it back up, and then shuts off again. It will never be normally plugged in for longer than overnight - am I good with this charger?
Yes you did gain torque with the controller size increase... I don't have all the %.
It sounds like you will be okay but better to ask somebody like gornoman who did that for more than a year. I am sure a certain amount of battery monitoring is needed to assure a balanced pack.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #64
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
It sounds like you will be okay but better to ask somebody like gornoman who did that for more than a year. I am sure a certain amount of battery monitoring is needed to assure a balanced pack.
The setup LizardLeg mentioned is perfect. Identical to the setup I had a while back. Works great!

The words in read are my mantra.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #65
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

liz, i ran 12/36 for about a year? no probs. gorno is the man on this set up. altho he is too modest talking about it!
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #66
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys!! The info available on here to guys new the cart scene is phenomenal.

I cut some 3/16" reinforced gasket materiel (I had it readily available) and put it under the wheel wells tonight to close off the gap between the body and the battery compartment to keep the tires from throwing mud over the controller and solenoid. Hard to describe and even harder to get a pic but I'll try.

Hopefully I can get the thermolin plastic formed into a decent cover over the next few weeks - my prosthetics guy dropped a sheet off last night - traded him some venison ground meat for it :-)
Old 01-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #67
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Pics of the wheel well mod to keep my controller protected a little more from the mud... did both sides. Why did they design a gap there in the first place?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheel1.jpg (68.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg wheel2.jpg (67.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #68
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Nicely done! I remember when I got my TXT from the reseller, it had a "plug" of grass clippings on each side at that location. Never saw them until I removed the rear body shell. What a mess!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO