lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Motor swap

I will be swapping my motor out soon and I was wondering if it was just as simple as just unhooking batteries and unbolting motor? Also ,are there different antiseize compounds to use?(The one I use at work is copper based and used on small gears and shafts) Should I also change the rear fluid while I am doing the motor swap? If so ,is a synthetic oil what I should use?
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Motor swap

If you have the plastic motor cover it's a snap. Take one battery cable loose doesn't matter which one. Take the motor 3 - 7/16" bolts out of the motor from passenger side of cart. Look at first picture. Has the cable keeoer on it. There should be a 12 o-clock, 3 o-clock and 9 o-clock bolt in it. Mark each lead with a peice of tape with correct point of contact on motor. Put a old belt, strap whatever you have around the motor and slip it off the coupler and lift it out. The PQ motor has a handle. You can use any good anti compound it want matter. Then place PQ motor in and hook the 4 cables back to motor. Then install the 3 -7/16" bolts back in. Put the plastic motor cover back in place. Your done.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor swap

Another good thread on motor swap: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...s-team-pq.html

Motors weigh about 40 lbs.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
kward
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The weight will surprise you when the motor slips off the shaft, make sure you have a good grip on it or it will end up on the floor real quick. Very easy to get out though...
kward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My motor will be shipped out next week,I hope I will be in good enough shape to install it..
Old 04-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just ordered a Jake's hydraulic disc brake kit. Motor will be shipped on fri.,so hopefully by the end of next week I'll have the stop and go power..
Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
eyespy72
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Will you be selling old stuff? If so let me know this is Rob who baught your tires. P.S love them!
eyespy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:42 AM   #8
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry Rob,the motor will be going back for the core charge. Glad you like the tires.How is the cart coming along?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
wizardket
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyespy72 View Post
Will you be selling old stuff? If so let me know this is Rob who baught your tires. P.S love them!
I will be upgrading mine soon to a Mid-Assassin from Plum Quick. I can let you know when it is done if you want.
wizardket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #10
eyespy72
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardket View Post
I will be upgrading mine soon to a Mid-Assassin from Plum Quick. I can let you know when it is done if you want.
Yes Thanks
eyespy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO