lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

Default My G2 dosent like rocks

so yesterday i was test driving my project around in the yard area of the shop im working at and hit a rather large rock that is about the size of my head and have never seen before in my life lol

After picking the cart up off the rock and moving it (all so cursing the ever loving hell out of the rock before tossing the thing over the fence lol) i got back on the cart and it will crank but not start

after inspecting everything i found that its no longer pumping gas, seems like the vacum line from the engine isent working now (i pulled the gas pump and pulled it apart and looks fine and put my finger over the vac line and cranked the engine and dident feel anything)

it gets fual to the pump but the pump dosent work the fual up to the carb and the pump is rather new and none of the seals are broke on the inside

I am going back later tonight to work on it some more but do any of you fine people have any idea's what exactly i did here, the line is far from the ground were i hit a rock and from the inspecting i did last night it looks fine with no cracks or holes

i swear right when i get the **** thing working great this happens lol
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Default Re: My G2 dosent like rocks

I couldn't see blaming a rock on your fuel pump malfunctioning. What did the rock hit exactly? The lowest thing on a cart is the rear swing arm that the motor sits on. So, say you hit that in the middle of the cart, real fast, the entire engine cradle would come up and maybe slam down. ....hmm...what would break?
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

God forbid check if the crank case has a hole in it?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
so yesterday i was test driving my project around in the yard area of the shop im working at and hit a rather large rock that is about the size of my head and have never seen before in my life lol

After picking the cart up off the rock and moving it (all so cursing the ever loving hell out of the rock before tossing the thing over the fence lol) i got back on the cart and it will crank but not start

after inspecting everything i found that its no longer pumping gas, seems like the vacum line from the engine isent working now (i pulled the gas pump and pulled it apart and looks fine and put my finger over the vac line and cranked the engine and dident feel anything)

it gets fual to the pump but the pump dosent work the fual up to the carb and the pump is rather new and none of the seals are broke on the inside

I am going back later tonight to work on it some more but do any of you fine people have any idea's what exactly i did here, the line is far from the ground were i hit a rock and from the inspecting i did last night it looks fine with no cracks or holes

i swear right when i get the **** thing working great this happens lol
Just how big a head you got?

I hate rocks.

Check the little vacuum hose coming off the back of the engine area. It helps pulse fuel from the fuel pump. It may be cracked or could've came loose.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

well i have the gov turned waaay down so i wasn't going more then 5 - 10 mph but when i hit it i kicked me out of my seat

ya i dont understand it ether lol

i jacked it up and checked for damage and dident noticed anything at all but it for sure isent pumping gas

thank you spriddle ill check that next
Old 06-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If they lose prime you need around half a tank and full is better to get gas pumping again. You can't really feel the pulse, but with a full tank it should puke it out every revolution on the starter if you pull the line on the carb. A crack in the line will lose the prime too.

You can see the pulse on a vacuum gauge that also shows pressure, it will pulse the needle up/down with the piston.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

hmmm ok so i need to check the lines and if there good i need to fill the tank up and just run the engine to get it primed agean?

i know right now the gas is prity low, is this something that will happen every time its low on gas? or just a random event because of that **** rock

think i might just replace the vac lines to be safe lol
Old 06-15-2011, 05:30 AM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Pull the fuel line from the carb and blow in the tank filler to reprime the fuel lines and pump.
Maybe just a freak coinsidence.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

If you replace the fuel lines, be sure to go back with the exact same size.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #10
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

so i replaced some of the vac lines that looked like they needed to go away and found a few small problems with the wiring on the ignition box that took some time redoing. Checked the fual pump 2 times looked and poked all over the engine to look for issues and nothing

took the spark plug out and turning it over with it out of the engine and i know its getting spark but not fual from the pump, but when i tryed to use engine starter right in threw the carb it self to try and get it to turn over just for testing it wouldent even do that

put my thumb over the spark plug hole and it seems to not have compression (it dident push my thumb out of the hole at all) when i turned the engine over. took the head off and noticed that between the head and the block there was no gasket so im ordering one tonight but it ran fine before as is so im guessing that might not be it but it sure isent helping lol

am i missing anything here, i dont know what else to check/do with this project
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha