lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
HDHP
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default G-2 Or G-3?

Im going to look at a 1989 Gas Yamaha cart today. By the looks in a pic i seen it seems to be a G-2. Was the G-2 made untill 1989? I know it is not the Sun Classic. Also he is asking 300 obo cart dose not run. Can be anything big or small. I am mechanicly inclined but 300 seem a little steep. What do you all think is fair 200, 150??

Thanks

HDHP
HDHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Default Re: G-2 Or G-3?

G2A looks to be 85' thru 91' Depending on the shape of the cart $300 might be a little steep. I'm guessing it will cost no less then $500 for someone to completly rebuild the motor. If its already got a lift and tires ... etc It could acualy be worth more then $300
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
HDHP
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

No lift n no tires... He has not called me back yet Gotta love craigs list!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I bought my G9 with a blown motor for $250 off of CL.Mine had a ok to decent body and an EZ Go top on it.Guy did a nice job of putting it on there.Now mine was going to need a new rod,piston ,and bored.I was going to have almost $400 in just parts ,and I haven't even got to the machine shop yet.
So I purchased a Clone engine at HF with a 2 yr warranty for $349 out the door.Bought the clutch adapter then modified the stock cradle to hold the new engine.
SO far I'm into it for $700.Plus I made my own lift kit which was easy if you can fab.Maybe I can find me some wheels and tires later.
So for about $400 I got a new engine and almost twice the horsepower.Which I plan to need after getting the bigger tires and such on.I did have an issue(my coil died) with my engine.I was going to buy a new ,but since it had the warranty I might as well use it.I pulled it out and took it back and got a new yesterday.I should have it in in a day or two and be cruizing again.I would go the clone route again I think if i get another deal on a gas cart.
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
HDHP
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Jackel that sounds like something im looking at doing. I just have to keep searching for that "right one".Thanks you much for the input guys.

HDHP
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha