lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
supermenz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha Speed Spring?

Alright, I have been reading on the forums for a few hours now and am pretty convinced I want to give the CCP Speed Spring a try. My question is, what difference should I expect to see on my 07 Yamaha Drive because none of the post I have seen say much about the Drive. My cart is currently running a 6" Jakes Lift with 12" wheels and 23" tires. The dealer I bought from says he tweaked up the gov a bit but not enought to let the motor receive damage. I use my cart to commute about 3.5 miles to and from work, I have no problems with current performance but think that a top end speed increase would be nice. Any and all oponions will be helpful. Thanks
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-speed-spring.html
supermenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Speed Spring?

The speed spring will tweak the governor a little more and possibly give you a little more top end depending on how much the governor is adjusted now.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
supermenz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well for anyone reading, I put the speed spring on and gained 5 mph. I went from 22 to 27 mph. It took about 20 minutes to install. I would reccomend this product wanting to gain cheap/simple speed.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

You might be able to adjust the governor to its max setting to see how much extra speed you get first. If I were an engineer for Yamaha, I'd want the highest governor setting to be below max engine rpm. But not sure thats how they do it.
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
supermenz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It feels like it is currently winding up pretty good. I am satisfied with it now so I do not want to take a chance of doing damage to the engine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha