lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
suchner
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default g-1 hard to start when warm

Hey anybody in the mood for a little trouble shooting? I have a G-1 that will start and run great when I first start her up but once she is warm(after driving around 10minutes) has a real hard time starting. I step on the gas and she just put puts for about 10-20 seconds and then gets going and runs great at full speed. But if you stop, it's put put time again. I checked the plug and it is black and furry. Compresion is 85 psi. Never have changed the fuel filter. I have a foam air cleaner, not original equipment. I think maybe she is running too rich. I sure would appreciate any thoughts, and how to test them out. Thanks Bill from Michigan.
suchner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: g-1 hard to start when warm

Compresion is 85 psi. Time to freshen up the engine.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Black and furry means unburnt fuel. Normally this would mean a carb adjustment but with only 85 psi compression i agree with doomsman. You could try to lean out the carb to get you by for a while but in the end you will have to rebuild the engine.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

In the meantime, you could give it a new spark plug and clean the air cleaner and see how it goes. Might turn out to be the best $5 you ever spent. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
suchner
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cool Re: g-1 hard to start when warm

Hey , thanks for the great advice. I hate to think of putting new crankshaft seals in since I just finished doing it last year. I guess i didn' t do such a good job. I agree that the 80 psi is too low. I didn't ever check it after my first rebuild. It still is a mystery to me why it runs so good for the first 10 minutes but I will follow everyones advice and if the new plug, air cleaner and carb adjustment doesn't fix things guess I will have to rebuild her over the winter. Thanks again for your time and input.
suchner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
rbahri5206
Not Yet Wild

i have the same problem ill drive around for a will and then its hard to start but i have good compression any ideas?
rbahri5206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you have good compression i would look at carb adjustment and wear on the throttle shaft and crankshaft seals. One area that is harder to check is the float, if it is set too high it can cause flooding when the engine gets hot. A build up of dryed gas on the float can also cause a high fuel level in the float bowel.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha