lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamadonk G9

Moved the cattle again today. Time to get them from the middle pastures down to the valley. Too much snow up here. 2 people on horses, one in a pick-up (with stock trailer), one in his car (just along for the experience, really) and me on my Yamadonk (I kinda like that name - pretty descriptive).

Fields had about 7" snow and ice, roads were covered with ice & slush, temps in the mid to upper 30s and just a bit or rain falling. Buggy did pretty well (except for a couple slides during "panic stops") and covered more ground than either of the horses. I followed the cattle until we were approaching a fence and then I eased through the herd and sprinted ahead to open the gate. After they all went through I closed the gate and caught up with the tail end again.

There twere a couple times I wished I had chains on, but I will probably have to get some spacers too. Looks like the inside of the tires might be a bit too close. Other than that it was great. Sure have a few people getting interested in finding carts... I'll admit that moving a herd like this would be a lot more difficult without horses, but it would also be a lot tougher without my cart, too.
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Default Re: Yamadonk G9

Nice work..............wish I could see pictures of the Yamadonk in action!

OT
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamadonk G9

Pics would be great ... but when I working I really don't have time or opportunity to take pictures. Maybe in the spring things won't be quite so hectic -- we were REALLY pushing it to get the cows moved before it starts snowing again ... and B-i-L is heading out for Thanksgiving tomorrow and will be gone until Monday. Very small window. Glad we didn't have problems.
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha