lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
mastercylinder63
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Improving Hill Climbing with the Club carFE290

Greetings,I have a 2004 Club Car DS with the FE290 engine. After installing a lift kit, I wanted more hill climbing power!! On straight aways with two people I was doing 25mph or better with no problem, but up a semi steep dirt hill, the passenger had to get off the cart. Before I started with any engine improvements I checked the engine compression which was well within factory standards.
There hasn't been much of a torque power improvement since I've done the modifications below:
New drive clutch, new drive belt, machined driven clutch with torque spring from C.P.P. ,K&N airfilter, larger carb jet, disconnected RPM limiter.
To compare this to my old beat-up Yamaha G9 with an installed torque kit is night and day. The Club car still doesn't climb like the Yamaha did!!! I sold the G9 to a friend and even with a beat engine, he smokes me on the steep hills.
Am I missing a step or doing something wrong????
mastercylinder63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Improving Hill Climbing with the Club carFE290

i'd take the carb jet out and put the stocker in. you know the old saying, "leaner is meaner"! what kind of belt did you use? what sound isd the engine making when climbing the hill? is it screaming or lugging?
golfcartthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
mastercylinder63
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Improving Hill Climbing with the Club carFE290

Thanks 4 the quick reply. I'm using a stock belt and it doesn't sound like it's slipping. When going up a hill the engine sounds normal. I do have a brand new stock carb which I can try. I thought after the driven clutch mods, it would at least have the lowend power like my old Yamaha. I wonder if I wasted my money!!
mastercylinder63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car