lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best way to wire a winch??

I probably would not be able to pull wheelies anymore but I am looking at mounting a winch just behind the chrome push bar and I was thinking if I could get a small battery to fit behind the main plate and above the steering rack on my Jakes long travel lift I would not have to loose space in my bag well for the battery, and under my seat is filled with 8 6v batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0383.jpg (136.8 KB, 0 views)
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you're popping wheelies, you probably need a sealed battery for the winch, and clean-up regularly under your seat.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #23
pmt1317
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Did you ever figure out how to wire in the winch on the cart
pmt1317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #24
archer161
Not Yet Wild

With all the great ideals, I read a couple of them twice I have gone with the alligator clip design for now!! I have not ruled out putting a extra battery in the bag well area, but hated to just add more weight and I might not use this winch, but once a year!! So, I'm going to try this way and just see how many times that I use it, then if used a lot I will add another battery on the back bag well, if not used much then may keep it this way for now. Thinks for the help!!!
archer161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #25
pogosmoke
Not Yet Wild

I am about to install a 2000lb winch on my ezgo as well. I have a marine 12v battery that is fairly new. I cannot remember if it is deep cycle or not. I use it for starting a 25 hp outboard for my inflatable. Though I could just stick this under the back seat. Save some money. Anyone think this is bad?
pogosmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #26
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogosmoke View Post
I am about to install a 2000lb winch on my ezgo as well. I have a marine 12v battery that is fairly new. I cannot remember if it is deep cycle or not. I use it for starting a 25 hp outboard for my inflatable. Though I could just stick this under the back seat. Save some money. Anyone think this is bad?

My personal opinion is that a stand alone 12v is the only way to fly for accessories. Go for it. Keep it charged up and don't let the water get low. It'll be fine.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:17 PM   #27
tj39194
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Best way to wire a winch??

I hooked mine up to be powered by an accessory 12V batt, but when I connect to batt, the winch runs and I cannot turn it off with remote. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.
tj39194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:43 PM   #28
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Tj
this thread is 2.5 yrs old. Your winch should come with a switch to disconnect power when not in use. If not then i suggest put an inline fuse to a switch then to winch.
e
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:21 AM   #29
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If your winch runs all the time, your contactor switch is stuck closed. My guess is that it is defective. Is the winch new? If so, I would return it for an exchange. I personally prefer the corded switch to the wireless remote.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:57 AM   #30
Sweet5ltr
Getting Wild

My cart is gas, but I use a 12V lawn and garden battery (500cca/side studs+top terminals) to operate my Superwinch Terra 45 with an 180w LED light bar/2x 27w LED lights. Mount a weatherproof Battery Tender/Trickle charger and you're set. I plug mine up every night while camping and recharge it, works great.
Sweet5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO