lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #11
plivanec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1999 CC regen 2 solenoids and coils

I did the procedure, but did not try it once I saw your other post. I can give it a shot...but one one other question was, what do I do with the grey wire coming from the charging receptacle (has an inline fuse) that goes to the red wire (with an inline fuse) coming out of the OBC?
plivanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #12
plivanec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

(Just as a side note...the alltrax controller is an IQ controller programmed for a powerdrive cart...if that helps.

Also, if this is the correct way to do this, there is also a grey wire from the charging receptacle that has a fuse on on. This goes into the fuse of the red wire going to the OBC that I removed. What do i do with that wire?)

This is what I posted on the other thread you responded to. Not sure if this would be the same as an IQ cart since the regen solenoid is removed and the controller is an IQ controller programmed for a powerdrive cart???
Old 03-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
plivanec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I honestly don't know the procedure to bypass the OBC in a Regen2 car.... I'll have to open the old books back out and study them and see what I can figure out... I'll let you know something tomorrow. It may be the same as the IQ, but I can't confirm that at the moment. Did you attempt the procedure for IQ OBC bypass on your cart?
I am going to try the IQ procedure tonight...but do you have any clue what to do the the grey wire coming from the back of the charging receptacle (has an inline fuse on it)? I traced it to the OBC...but the OBC will no longer be there. Is this the positive wire? If so, I guess just hook it to the positive battery???
Old 03-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Try the procedure. I just looked at a diagram and I see no reason it shouldn't work. As for the grey wire. Cut it off flush with the back of the receptacle. It's a sense lead wire that the OBC uses to communicate with the charger. You won't need it anymore. Sorry it took me so long to reply. Been sick with the flu and haven't been working.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #15
plivanec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sounds great...I will give that a try...now that I know what that grey wire is for

Thanks again for your help, and I hope you are getting better.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #16
plivanec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Try the procedure. I just looked at a diagram and I see no reason it shouldn't work. As for the grey wire. Cut it off flush with the back of the receptacle. It's a sense lead wire that the OBC uses to communicate with the charger. You won't need it anymore. Sorry it took me so long to reply. Been sick with the flu and haven't been working.
I tried the procedure and it would not work. It did allow the charger to chare correctly, but the controller was constantly on. Even whith the tow/run switch in tow, it was still on. For some reason it got constant power. I put the OBC back in place and re-worked the grounding to the charger recepticle and the battery pack and got the charger to work properly. The issue I am now having is that I have no reverse. Forward works just fine, just no reverse. Any ideas as to what could cause this one? Everything was working just fine before...
Old 03-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #17
plivanec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I figured out how to bypass the OBC for this setup. It was as simple as taking the ground that goes into the OBC and grounding it to both the battery and the charging receptacle (was only grounded to the receptacle). Then grounding the one that comes out to the battery. Works perfectly now, charged it last night and went through a full charge cycle and started the float charge as it was suppossed to do.

I figured I would post this just to let anyone else know (that is trying this) that it's way easier than it seemed.

Tags
energy displacement coil
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car