lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Arivera69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Need more speed!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to increase the speed on 96 electric Club Car Ds but not sure what are my options. I think I'm only going 10 mph. Below is a list of my carts specs.

Motor: GE 36v 3000 RPM
Batteries: Brand New Trojan 48v
Controller: Curtis 1204-410 36-49v 400A
On Board Computer: Lester 21750-01

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Arivera69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need more speed!!

The 1995-96 were the first year 48 volt carts. I was really surprised how stinking slow they were The cart needs a drive system make over to produce more speed. Start with all the amperage delivery components and end with a higher rpm motor. This poor choice for a speed racer. It can be done but you will have a new everything.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Yukon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry to hi jack this thread, but Scotty is this the same story for a 97? i'm also at 10mph and would like a couple more MPH.
Yukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 97 is almost the same cart. Difference being the throttle input signal type. The 96 should have potentiometer (5k-0) this should be verified at the controller to make sure you are getting the full speed signal and not 5k-1k or such.
The 97 was a multistep potentiometer (a converted Vglide). Open it up and make sure the wiper arm is going all the way to the top lug at full throttle.
If yes then the you are probably getting all she has got to give, stock.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
Yukon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks! I'll check it out next chance I get.
Yukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The 1995-96 were the first year 48 volt carts. I was really surprised how stinking slow they were The cart needs a drive system make over to produce more speed. Start with all the amperage delivery components and end with a higher rpm motor. This poor choice for a speed racer. It can be done but you will have a new everything.
Hey my first cart, 96 power drive with pot box, was actually pretty quick...
I think it did around 16 mph
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The 96 should have potentiometer (5k-0) this should be verified at the controller to make sure you are getting the full speed signal and not 5k-1k or such.
Yes, make sure you are really at WOT when pedalis all the way down. When I first got my first cart, I was getting 8 mph. I opened the pot box, adjusted it, and got a top speed of around 16...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car