lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #11
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 03 DS IQ cart died

This ones got me stumped...?
I did not even know there was a fuse on the cart...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I am not a CC expert but I think there is a fuse near the solenoid or controller. Maybe under the motor cover..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #13
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I would think that switching the reverse while moving forward could have generated some serious backflow current from the motor spinning the opposite direction. I would think of several parts on the cart that do not like that. I would first check the motor to see if it works, I would think that was very hard on the motor. There are instructions elsewhere on how to do this.

Next you could jump the solenoid to see if the cart runs.

Finally I would think it is the controller. I had one go bad after installing a converter where I made some sparks on the battery terminals, the cart ran fine that day but was dead the next, controller took a dump. Troubleshooting the controller was easy for me because it was an Alltrax with leds that stopped lighting up. I you have the curtis I then it will be more difficult.

Like said the Mcor might have fried too.

I have an Alltrax fuse at the main negative bat terminal. Other than that I am not aware of any fuses.

Question, does the cart still charge? Did you smell any burning after the incident?
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
I would think that switching the reverse while moving forward could have generated some serious backflow current from the motor spinning the opposite direction. I would think of several parts on the cart that do not like that. I would first check the motor to see if it works, I would think that was very hard on the motor. There are instructions elsewhere on how to do this.

Next you could jump the solenoid to see if the cart runs.

Finally I would think it is the controller. I had one go bad after installing a converter where I made some sparks on the battery terminals, the cart ran fine that day but was dead the next, controller took a dump. Troubleshooting the controller was easy for me because it was an Alltrax with leds that stopped lighting up. I you have the curtis I then it will be more difficult.

Like said the Mcor might have fried too.

I have an Alltrax fuse at the main negative bat terminal. Other than that I am not aware of any fuses.

Question, does the cart still charge? Did you smell any burning after the incident?
Yeah, but the speed sensor should have prevented all of this. At least on my cart ( I tried it once) I was going probably 5 mph, I flipped it to R, the cart slowed itself and made beeps until it came to a complete stop.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #15
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

No smell. Ran normal back home after the incident. I tried jumping the solenoid and nothing. Charges and stops charging normal. If the motor was fried would I not here the solenoid or mcor click? Why does the reverse buzzer not work after an OBC reset until I plug the charger back in to energize it? That seems strange. Any clues from that? As for the dog hitting the reverse switch this has happened on several occasions and the cart did beep and slow down. Not saying this was good for it. Did you guys read that I got no change on the soleniod with my DVM after pressing on the accel pedal? Where does that lead? Ignition switch, reverse switch, MCOR, solenoid? I'm fairly clueless on these but have DVM and willing to follow instructions.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #16
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Pretty sure the solenoid would not engage if controller was toast and cart would not run when jumping solenoid if controller was dead either. Since the cart ran after the incident, then everything was still working which leads me to believe the controller crapped out later.

But I have no idea what is wrong with the obc except that it must charge off the charger port, not the pack, so it would not beap until recharged. The only thing I know about the obc is that if mine ever takes a dump I am going to remove it, bypass it and get a DPI charger. I hate obc's
Old 03-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #17
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Pretty sure the solenoid would not engage if controller was toast and cart would not run when jumping solenoid if controller was dead either. Since the cart ran after the incident, then everything was still working which leads me to believe the controller crapped out later.

But I have no idea what is wrong with the obc except that it must charge off the charger port, not the pack, so it would not beap until recharged. The only thing I know about the obc is that if mine ever takes a dump I am going to remove it, bypass it and get a DPI charger. I hate obc's
Thanks Speed. The buzzer not sounding as I described happens with a full charge on the batteries after i attempt an OBC reset. It take just plugging the charger in momentarily to make it work again. Don't know what that means . I'll search around for some info on how to check the controller.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #18
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok Tdawg if your out there or others familiar with my setup... here is what I have tested (somewhat blindly) so far. 2003 DS IQ. I have no click from the solenoid and no voltage on large red and yellow post or small post which has a small black wire with white stripe on left and greyish wire on right. This is in run... key on forward and reverse....pedal down and up. Good pack voltage 51.8 and all single 8.7 or better. I also have no click from mcor when pedal is pushed. I read an old thread and tried a couple things out. I put my DVM with neg on small black/white striped wire on left side of solenoid and other to b- on the controller. Suppose to rule out or in OBC. I got pack voltage. Ok so I think that's suppose to tell me OBC is bad?? I then put a jumper to confirm this by jumping small black/white wire on solenoid to b- on the controller. When I did this the solenoid clicked/engaged. However the cart did not move (yes I pushed on the pedal :) ??? If this does in fact bypass the obc should the cart move? Am I on to something or trouble shooting incorrectly? Please help my Lab is suffering withdrawl depression from lack of daily trips on the cart and me to! We live in a cart community and use the heck out of this thing.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #19
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

B- on controller would be getting direct negative input from pack because the wire that is attached to b- on the controller is the main negative from the pack. To me you are bypassing the controller the way you did that. Sounds like solenoid is ok though, still points to controller to me. hopefully Tahoedawg will chime in.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #20
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
B- on controller would be getting direct negative input from pack because the wire that is attached to b- on the controller is the main negative from the pack. To me you are bypassing the controller the way you did that. Sounds like solenoid is ok though, still points to controller to me. hopefully Tahoedawg will chime in.
Thanks speed. Read an old thread that Tdawg was helping on. Not sure if the OP had exact same setup but it seemed similar. That's why I mentioned the wiring colors for others to pick up on to see if my test were done correctly. The reverse buzzer issue I mentioned earlier in my post also seems a little connected to possible OBC probs but I'm just guessing big time. I appreciate your feedback!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car