lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #21
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 03 DS IQ cart died

Well I'm in a holding pattern for now till the board can give me some feedback what to try next. I've exhaused the search feature for my situation. I know Tdawg will have this figured out in 2 seconds once he sees this thread. I can only wait a couple days max to fix it myself before I'll need to take it to the dealer as I use this cart like a car. Thanks to the board I was able to diagnose a bad obc with charging issues in the past and fix it myself so I'm hopeful with your help we'll get it this time.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #22
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok guys this is getting serious. One more day without my cart and I'm going to need a dog shrink .

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 03-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #23
Dadog70
Getting Wild

Club Car

Noserider were those pictures taken today? if so I am jealous lol we just had about 5 inches of rain in the last 24 hours and it is chilly outside today.

Mother nature she is all confused here in Southern Illinois, and I see what your talking about your dog looks very depressed.

Hopefully you can get your cart back up and running soon.
Dadog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #24
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sorry it took me so long to see this. I've been extremely busy with the wifey. We've got an upcoming baby and I haven't had time to focus on much of anything else..... Anyways, you say in your first post that your reverse buzzer is working. This rules the OBC out as the culprit. The controller is powered up, therefore the OBC is not causing this issue. Take the two wires off of the solenoid that plug in to the small blade terminals. Insert the probes of the multimeter into them. Car in FWD, key on, pedal down, you should see battery voltage. If you do, this means the car is telling the solenoid to click, if you don't my money is on a bad MCOR. You can check this by unplugging the two pin plug on the MCOR and jumping it with a paperclip. If it clicks when you try it, you'll know the MCOR is bad.. Hope this helps.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #25
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi David

No worries. I know you got a life away from this stuff. The reverse buzzer does work but it's stange that if I remove power to the cart the reverse buzzer will not activate even after pushing down on the pedal until I plug in the charger momentarily and remove it. Mean anything? Let me look at your test procedure and get back to you.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #26
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Sorry it took me so long to see this. I've been extremely busy with the wifey. We've got an upcoming baby and I haven't had time to focus on much of anything else..... Anyways, you say in your first post that your reverse buzzer is working. This rules the OBC out as the culprit. The controller is powered up, therefore the OBC is not causing this issue. Take the two wires off of the solenoid that plug in to the small blade terminals. Insert the probes of the multimeter into them. Car in FWD, key on, pedal down, you should see battery voltage. If you do, this means the car is telling the solenoid to click, if you don't my money is on a bad MCOR. You can check this by unplugging the two pin plug on the MCOR and jumping it with a paperclip. If it clicks when you try it, you'll know the MCOR is bad.. Hope this helps.
Voltage on the 2 small wires after inserting the DMV into the blade clips is 30.9 without stepping on pedal and no change with pedal depressed. Turn key off voltage goes to 0.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #27
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

OK tried the jumper on the 2 pin connector of the MOCOR and we have lift off! Good job David as usual. I pushed the pedal and cart moved. Will the cart function with the jumper wire while I wait for part to arrive? My dog asked that question . If so, is there a danger to operating this way temporarily. Also could you address my concern with the reverse buzzer not active after power is removed from the cart until after I energize it with the charger momentarily. Is this normal?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
OK tried the jumper on the 2 pin connector of the MOCOR and we have lift off! Good job David as usual. I pushed the pedal and cart moved. Will the cart function with the jumper wire while I wait for part to arrive? My dog asked that question . If so, is there a danger to operating this way temporarily. Also could you address my concern with the reverse buzzer not active after power is removed from the cart until after I energize it with the charger momentarily. Is this normal?
I wouldn't leave it that way. It's gonna make your solenoid stay closed all the time. That might not make the controller happy. You really should wait until the new MCOR arrives. As for the reverse buzzer question, if I'm reading it correctly you're saying that the buzzer won't work after it sits for a while or after batteries are unhooked and then hooked back up. Then when you hit the pedal it triggers the buzzer. Right? If so, that's normal. Cart is in sleep mode and you're waking it up.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #29
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I wouldn't leave it that way. It's gonna make your solenoid stay closed all the time. That might not make the controller happy. You really should wait until the new MCOR arrives. As for the reverse buzzer question, if I'm reading it correctly you're saying that the buzzer won't work after it sits for a while or after batteries are unhooked and then hooked back up. Then when you hit the pedal it triggers the buzzer. Right? If so, that's normal. Cart is in sleep mode and you're waking it up.
On the buzzer it works normal all the time unless power is removed from the cart by removing neg cable from battery. Once this occurs buzzer will not activate after battery is reconnected even after pressing down the pedal after selecting reverse. It takes plugging the charger in momentarily and then removing the charger plug and buzzer works normal again??
Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #30
Dadog70
Getting Wild

Club Car

Noserider is their a reason you need the annoying buzzer? or just trying to figure it out?.

I unhooked my buzzer because my wife hates it so it was either hear the annoying buzzer and my wife griping about it are just unhook and peace between us.
Dadog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car