lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #11
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pain in the rear

Check the vacum line from pump to crankcase to see if the pump is leaking fuel to crankcase.
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #12
dan161
Getting Wild

@Icyveins.....thanks for the info, I understand how a choke works but I was just getting at that if the choke is stuck in the closed position or even partially closed it will cause it to run very rough and possibly not at all. I speak from experience where this happened on my lawn mower. It still ran, but was very rich and very rough with some backfiring.
dan161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #13
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan161 View Post
@Icyveins.....thanks for the info, I understand how a choke works but I was just getting at that if the choke is stuck in the closed position or even partially closed it will cause it to run very rough and possibly not at all. I speak from experience where this happened on my lawn mower. It still ran, but was very rich and very rough with some backfiring.
gotcha! I would assume that when he had the carb off cleaning it for the one hundredth time he might have moved them to make sure the return springs are working correctly. It would be nice if that was the answer....but I dont think the choke being stuck closed would fill the crankcase with gasoline.......

at least I sure hope if wouldnt...
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #14
rugerm77
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't know if this was the trouble or not , but I took the Carb. off again & cleaned it out again . Got to looking & I don't think the float was setting right.
It seems like it was not pressing against the needle valve enough to close off the Gas when the bowl filled up. I adjusted it a little & put her back on.
I tried to start it & it would not start , waited about an hour & tried it again & it fired up . Came in from work Yesterday & hit the starter , This time even without choking it ,It fired up & is running better than it ever has.
I went ahead & ordered a new Fuel Pump & gonna get a Carb. for it. I made sure I checked the oil level before & after I ran it. That Mobil 1 oil is High.
As for the choke It wasn't sticking , I think it was the Float
rugerm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #15
rugerm77
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well here it is 6 hours after posting the good news , I came home & walked out to my shop , Fired it up again , It ran great BUT- But now the Crankcase is filling up with Gas again. All lines are good & tight , No gas running from the Fuel Pump back into the Crankcase .
Found a used Carb. one of the members has for $35.00 with shipping , but I'm getting a new One . Sick Of This.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #16
rugerm77
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

On the Choke Issue , The choke is wide open - Looks Good
Old 04-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #17
rugerm77
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

OK Guys, If the motor is Not running should gas still be going through the Fuel Pump into the Carb. The inline filter from the tank to the pump was about Full & now it is Bone Dry .
Old 04-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #18
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerm77 View Post
OK Guys, If the motor is Not running should gas still be going through the Fuel Pump into the Carb. The inline filter from the tank to the pump was about Full & now it is Bone Dry .
needle and seat! or diaphram inside fuel pump. its either flowing back down through the pulse line from the crankcase or down through the carb into the intake and pass the valves.
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #19
rugerm77
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It's not the Pulsar Line , I took it off at the Crankcase & it was Bone Dry.
It's the Fuel Pump or The Carb. ( I've ordered Both )
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO