lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #11
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2006 Club Car Battery Replacement

Prices are all over the place and may depend on sales volume since I am sure they get a better price, the more they buy at once. So it kind of makes sense that a dealer may be cheaper, unless the dealer tries to capitalize on being a name brand dealer and just charge more because they can. 12v batteries for carts are more rare and I live in a small rural area with no dealers nearby. So nobody stocks them and only a couple of places will even order them. So when I went around asking, I was quoted almost $200 each for brand names I had never even heard of before. The weight of these things almost makes them cost prohibitive to try and order online. Plus you have to deal with the old batteries as well. Bottom line, if you can get a set in the $700 neighborhood, out the door, you got a decent deal.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #12
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomarchio View Post
I am not noticing much of a discount trying to buy them on my own compared to buying them from the local ClubCar dealer. The dealer is actually less which seems odd.

I guess part of the issue with be the shipping cost if I bought them from an out of state dealer.
WAIT .. WHAT ??? shipping costs ?? dude you said near Cleavland OHIO .. i gave you the Trojan dealer in Cleavland .. you cant drive over there ?? did you even call ??
what do you really want ??
Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #13
atomarchio
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
WAIT .. WHAT ??? shipping costs ?? dude you said near Cleavland OHIO .. i gave you the Trojan dealer in Cleavland .. you cant drive over there ?? did you even call ??
what do you really want ??
As I mentioned previously, I was thinking about just buying the batteries and trying to install them myself.

Now I am realizing that it's probably easier to have my local Clubcar dealer provide and install the batteries.

Thank you for the name of the Trojan dealer though. I do appreciate that but there's not enough of a cost savings for me to buy the batteries separately.
atomarchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Why can't you still install them yourself? Take the old batteries out, drive them to the dealer, give them the old ones, buy the new ones, and come back and put them in.

It's a tight squeeze but it can be done. I have taken batteries out more than once and I don't have any straps. If I can do it, anybody can. You can't reach down in there with both hands and lift a battery out, you kind of have to get a hold of it at the bottom with one hand and leave enough room for the other hand to work it out of there. If you can't figure it out, improvise some sort of strap - got any bungies with hooks on each end?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #15
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
Why can't you still install them yourself? Take the old batteries out, drive them to the dealer, give them the old ones, buy the new ones, and come back and put them in.

It's a tight squeeze but it can be done. I have taken batteries out more than once and I don't have any straps. If I can do it, anybody can. You can't reach down in there with both hands and lift a battery out, you kind of have to get a hold of it at the bottom with one hand and leave enough room for the other hand to work it out of there. If you can't figure it out, improvise some sort of strap - got any bungies with hooks on each end?

the dealer may even give you a battery strap if you ask

ps tryed the bunge .. it works but the sprongyness is a little ackward

Last edited by crash test dummy; 05-03-2013 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: ps
Old 05-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #16
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Cheapest battery lifter in the world - 3/8" cotton wrapped rope - cut a decent length and tie a knot at one end - slip it thru the holes on the flanges at each end of the battery, then tie a knot on the other side. To remove - scissors. I left the rope on the battery for a while, just in case it was a total dud and needed to be removed.

I just changed an old/cracked case 8V Trojan with another old one I had (not the best practice I know, but what did I have to lose)? In any case its now working with the old battery holding 8.2V after full charge vs 8.4V on the rest of the pack. And that is after only 3 cycles....so I may have gotten away with one. If not - I'm getting a few extra rounds of golf before the pack gets replaced.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car