lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
davecarlisle
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 ezgo no spark ran out of ideas

Hello
I am new to the site I have looked threw the threads on no spark and have tried a lot of things I am just stumped bought new coil and replaced it I have volts to the coil but I still have none at the plugs
some more info it is a 93 ez go has robin 29 c engine in it I got it from my aunt said it was running fine and then just quit running they let it sit for a minute because she thought it ran out of gas went back and it ran for 5 more minutes then just quite all together no spark at all now I'm at a loss i'm pretty smart with small engines it just doesn't make sense to me I hook up a test light and volt meter to tabs on coil and it works like it should be sparking the spark plugs but it is not any help would be appreciated
thanks
davecarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
sonora
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 93 ezgo no spark ran out of ideas

Something to check. On mine, (9 I needed to trim the ends of the plug wires that go into the coil. I nipped off about a 1/4" and that got me back to solid copper wire and a good connection again.
sonora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
davecarlisle
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 93 ezgo no spark ran out of ideas

ok I got it running sort of I changed out the battery and it started right up but now we ran it up down the driveway 2 times my drive is 3/10 mile long on the third time it acted as if it was flooding out and would not go when we stepped on gas it would chug and smoke but would not go let it sit for 10 minutes and it runs great but as soon as it got hot again back to chugging and not going any sugestions
davecarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO