lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
dlmcnicholas
Not Yet Wild

Default TR 400 or Terrain 250

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and currently in the market to purchase a new utility cart. I have two EZ-GO suppliers in my area. One has a left over 2011 TR 400 for $6,800 (silver with tan roof and seat, alum wheels and electric dump) and the other just got a new 2013 Terrain 250 for $6,800 (blue with black roof and seat, black wheels and manual dump). I personally like the body/roof design and color combo on the new Terrain 250, but is the TR 400 a better deal with the bigger lift, better capacity, alum wheels and electric dump? Although I think the TR400 may have been "lightly" used as a result of some wear in the bed and a few scratches on the body. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
dlmcnicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: TR 400 or Terrain 250

I believe you meant ST-400 but no matter, both nice. The 400 is longer by like 11 inches and carries more. It also has a $700 electric lift and $500 + in tires/wheels. Are these gas or electrics ? and if sparkies, battery age ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
dlmcnicholas
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I apologize it is an ST-400 (sorry I'm a newbie). Both are brand new gas models. Am I overlooking the convenience of the electric lift? If I have the Terrain 250 loaded to max capacity (400 lb) how difficult is it to dump with just a manual lift? I know the ST-400 is probably more comparible to the Terrain 1000, but the dealers around here only stock the 250. I could get a 1000 or 1500 but it will take several weeks once the order is placed. Decisions, decisions...
Old 05-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It all depends on your plans for the cart. The electric lift is nice but I personally would not try to dump it with a full load. It is supposed to be made for it but I don't mind dragging some out first to make it easier on the $700 part. Manually dumping a full bed would be tough.

Where are you located ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
dlmcnicholas
Not Yet Wild

My plans are to use it for yard work primarily (2.5 acres) for hauling topsoil, grass, leaves, landscape stone, etc. I also plan on using it to pull a yard roller, de-thatcher and seed spreader. My other uses will include traveling to my parents and in-laws (both only live about 3 miles down the road) and taking to my camp for some light off-roading. I went after work to look at the new 2013 Terrain 250 with new body and roof design in electric blue paint and it looks awesome. The way the dump bed is designed, the hinge point is almost dead center so manual dumping should not be a problem. I am located in western PA.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO