lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Stereo instal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpbuck View Post
I have a 30 amp reducer and have run headlights, 12v rope lights and the stereo, all at the same time and had no problem. Used the cart to take 4 people around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights. Used the stereo to play Ray Charles Christmas album. All went well....
Nice
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #12
Tennshooter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not to jack the thread but thought that pthers installing a stereo might have this question - what do you do with the red 12v accessory wire coming out of the stereo? On a car it goes to the ignition but what about a cart?
Tennshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #13
crash test dummy

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...o-install.html
Old 06-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennshooter View Post
Not to jack the thread but thought that pthers installing a stereo might have this question - what do you do with the red 12v accessory wire coming out of the stereo? On a car it goes to the ignition but what about a cart?
Install a 48 Volt relay and wire the coil of this relay to click on and off with the keyswitch. The Main 12V Positive wire will go on the COM post and the red ACC wire will go on the Normally Open post of the relay.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #15
Tennshooter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

TahoeDawg - I am not sure I understand. Yellow wire on radio goes to + on fuse block. Black wire goes to - on fuse block. For the Red wire (12V accessory wire) I need to install some sort of relay?
Tennshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #16
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Install a 48 Volt relay and wire the coil of this relay to click on and off with the keyswitch. The Main 12V Positive wire will go on the COM post and the red ACC wire will go on the Normally Open post of the relay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennshooter View Post
TahoeDawg - I am not sure I understand. Yellow wire on radio goes to + on fuse block. Black wire goes to - on fuse block. For the Red wire (12V accessory wire) I need to install some sort of relay?
yea i am confused too ...
your wireing a 48v relay to run a 12v radio ??

tennshooter... red is 12v+ that powers the radio .. black is ground ... yellow is memory and must be wired to a 12v power supply that does not turn off

Last edited by crash test dummy; 06-19-2013 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: ad photo
Old 06-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #17
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hmm.. what's the draw on a 48-to-12 reducer if not switched? Significant over time? Otherwise you won't be able to keep YELLOW hot.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #18
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
Hmm.. what's the draw on a 48-to-12 reducer if not switched? Significant over time? Otherwise you won't be able to keep YELLOW hot.
that's a good question !
I was thinking if you have a 4x12v system you could run the memory wire off the last 12v battery and the reducer off the key (to turn it off) and the radio memory wire off last 12v battery
Old 06-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #19
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
That's the downside of a reducer if you have a radio... Like crash said, if you have 4-12v, you could run the memory wire to one of those batteries so it always has power.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #20
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
That's the downside of a reducer if you have a radio... Like crash said, if you have 4-12v, you could run the memory wire to one of those batteries so it always has power.
That was one factor that made me decide to go with a battery instead of a reducer. I was going to have to wire something to a battery anyway to maintain radio settings.

I didn't want my radio to be key switched like a car either. Sometimes I like to use the cart as a boom box with it just sitting close to me and I may not have the key close by. I wired my red and yellow wires to +12v from the battery and black to ground. I can turn the radio on and off independently of the cart and my presets and clock settings never go away. Conversely, since I don't always play the radio, it doesn't come on automatically when I turn the cart key on.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car