lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
buckv
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stereo instal

Wouldn't that be 48 volts going to the memory wire?
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
Tennshooter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have spent an enormous amount of time researching this over the past 24 hours and here is what I have come up with.

48V+ and - from battery goes into 48v-12v reducer. + and - from reducer go to the + and - of a fuse block. Yellow wire from radio (+) goes to + of fuse block. Black wire from radio (-) goes to - ternimal on fuse block. Red wire from radio (+ Acc) goes to toggle switch to control on/off. If it is a two prong toggle then run the other prong to the + on the fuse block. If it is 3 prong then it is probably an illuminated toggle and the other prong will get run to the - teminal on the fuse box to complete that circuit.

I think this is correct but again I am electrocically illiterate.
Tennshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #23
buckv
Not Yet Wild

From reading the forums and sending some personal messages, this is what I have come up with. Please correct me if I'm wrong. My current reducer is hooked up to my light kit and when the key is off, my reducer shuts down. I understand if I want to add a radio I will need to run the memory wire to the + side of th 4th battery, hook the black to the - side of the #1 battery and splice the red wire (12V +) from the radio to the green wire (12V +) of my reducer. Does this sound correct?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #24
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Red from reducer = Main Positive Battery Post (48 Volts +) (Make sure it's fused)

Yellow from reducer= Same as Red above (Fuse this one as well)

Black from reducer= Main Negative Battery Post

Green from reducer= To Stereo Memory Cable (Yellow from Stereo)
(Splice another wire into this green wire and run the new wire to the COM Post of a 48V Relay)

Black ground wire from stereo = Main negative battery post (Same as black wire from reducer)

Red wire from stereo (ACC WIRE) = Normally Open or "NO" post of 48v relay

The two remaining posts on the relay have smaller terminals than the other two that you've already used. These are for the relay "coil" which makes it actually click on and off. Run a wire from one of these posts to the back of the keyswitch where the blue wire is attached. Run a wire from the remaining post of the relay to the main negative battery post along with the other black wires mentioned earlier. (Polarity is not important with the coil wires, hook them up either way)

This will result in a reducer that provides constant memory all the time and a radio that will turn on when you turn on the keyswitch. It will turn off when you turn the keyswitch off. For example, if you were playing a CD and turned off the key and let it sit for a few days and came back, as soon as you turned the key back on the radio would light up and remain playing where it left off. Hope this helps.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #25
buckv
Not Yet Wild

What if I didn't want to use a relay and just turned the radio on via the switch on the radio?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #26
buckv
Not Yet Wild

What size fuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Red from reducer = Main Positive Battery Post (48 Volts +) (Make sure it's fused)

(Splice another wire into this green wire and run the new wire to the COM Post of a 48V Relay)

Black ground wire from stereo = Main negative battery post (Same as black wire from reducer)

The two remaining posts on the relay have smaller terminals than the other two that you've already used. These are for the relay "coil" which makes it actually click on and off. Run a wire from one of these posts to the back of the keyswitch where the blue wire is attached. Run a wire from the remaining post of the relay to the main negative battery post along with the other black wires mentioned earlier. (Polarity is not important with the coil wires, hook them up either way)

This will result in a reducer that provides constant memory all the time and a radio that will turn on when you turn on the keyswitch. It will turn off when you turn the keyswitch off. For example, if you were playing a CD and turned off the key and let it sit for a few days and came back, as soon as you turned the key back on the radio would light up and remain playing where it left off. Hope this helps.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #27
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckv View Post
What if I didn't want to use a relay and just turned the radio on via the switch on the radio?
Depends.... Lots of radios don't turn "Off" when you turn them off. They stay illuminated. You don't want this. You want to cut power to it to ensure that it's really off. If, however, you've got a radio that will turn itself completely off all you'd have to do is hook the red wire to the same place as the memory wire.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckv View Post
What size fuse?
I'd use a couple of 10 amps
Old 06-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #29
buckv
Not Yet Wild

I assume I can check the radio by hooking it up to a 12 volt Charger before I install it?

Quote:
Depends.... Lots of radios don't turn "Off" when you turn them off. They stay illuminated. You don't want this. You want to cut power to it to ensure that it's really off. If, however, you've got a radio that will turn itself completely off all you'd have to do is hook the red wire to the same place as the memory wire.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #30
buckv
Not Yet Wild

I assume the yellow wire from the reducer stays on the key switch?

Quote:

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car