lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
maciejman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default club car caroche pedal disassembly help

Hello all, new to the site here! I've found so much helpful information here so far!
I have a 1976 club car caroche that I am fixing up. The parking brake and accelerator both move together(stuck together inside the assembly). This would explain why I need to completely overhaul the brakes. I have removed the entire pedal assembly, but can't figure out how to take it apart to free it up, and clean it up. Can someone please tell me how this pedal assembly comes apart? Thank you very much for the help!
maciejman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
Bill
Getting Wild

Default Re: club car caroche pedal disassembly help

Those are My favorite old golf cart body style...

Sounds like something is obviously siezed and will have to be sprayed with rust penetrant and worked free...

Just in case there is a hidden clip or something here is a link to the parts manual for this cart:

http://gbuggies.com/themes/prestigea...0180B1008A.pdf

The site is very slow to download from but it will eventually go. Hope this helps...
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
maciejman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey Bill, I completely agree about these old Club Cars. There is something about the Caroche that is just too cool! I turn heads every time I drive the neighborhood. Thank you very much for the manual. The download worked well and I saved a copy to my documents for future reference. I have been spraying it with WD-40 for the last two days now, and hope to have it worked free by the end of the weekend. The new brakes and brake pistons have arrived, so those will be installed tomorrow, and she'll stop as good as new once I'm finished. The manual does show me that the center rod is removed from the opposite side that I originally thought, so that should help.

I know there is a user out there who has taken this assembly apart and cleaned it up. I think the title of the thread was " this is going to take some work", or something close to that. Do you know if I can directly contact the person who posted that thread? I'll do some digging, but if there is someone who has actually been in my shoes, I'd love to hear some tips! Thanks again, the manual is very much appreciated!

Andy

Edited: I found the thread I mentioned above. Titled "76 ClubCar Caroche- This is gonna take work." posted by icon_donnied. There is no contact info for this person, so I am not so sure I'll be able to contact him.

Last edited by maciejman; 06-21-2013 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: new info
maciejman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
TJC816
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 1980 Club Car Caroche. Last weekend I went through the brakes. My parking brake and hydraulic brake were stuck as well. I pulled the assembly and found 2 pins that needed to be ground and punched out. I put the assembly in a vise and sprayed and moved and sprayed and wiggled for about an hour. It did finally move. I got it so I could slide the pedals off the shaft. The shaft was covered with rust. Ground the rust off nice and smooth. Liberally coated with axle grease and reassembled. I also rebuilt the master with a kit from Napa. Brakes work great once again. These carts are built like tanks. Just wish I could afford to go solid state.
TJC816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC816 View Post
Just wish I could afford to go solid state.
You can with scottys kits... They are not THAT expensive
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car