lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Is it possible to do this swap or am I dreaming??

I am currently in the process of rebuilding my 85 club car. I have to opportunity to get a 99 club car for free. It was from a golf course and it has a twisted front frame so it was put in a shed. Is is a V-glide cart. Seems to be all there. I saw the FnR switch, v-glide, controller, OBC, and motor. I don't know for sure if it all works (is there a way to test a controller or motor?)
My question is, should I pull all of the parts from the 1999 and swap them over to the 85?
The 85 is currently a 36v, but the 1999 is a 48v. Could I swap over the parts from the 99 and run them at 36v? (i ask because my 6-6v batteries are only a year old)
I guess the whole point of the swap would be to try and get rid of the old 5 solenoid setup and go more modern with controller and v-glide, however, if it involves buying new batteries and a new charger I may not want to even bother.
Just trying to explore all my options before I move forward to complete my 1985 build.
Thanks
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: Is it possible to do this swap or am I dreaming??

You could do the swap as far as actual physical "doability" is concerned, but as for running the 48v parts on 36v that's a negative. You'd need a new charger and a set of 8 volt batteries. You could, however, do the same swap with a 36 volt solid state (controller) system and the batteries and charger you already have would work fine. Semi-related note: I had an old 5 solenoid sparky once, bone stock. The thing would do a burnout like no stock 36 volt solid state cart I've ever seen, it had TONS of torque Sometimes I kinda wish I had it back just for the novelty of hearing those solenoids clicking all the time...
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Is it possible to do this swap or am I dreaming??

I just completed a '88 DS analog v-glide rebuild replacing the frame sourced from an '00-'05 DS. The '88 frame was rodeo'd and pretty busted up before i got it. It was not a simple bolt over project. Besides the items already mentioned by 93yellowclubcar, I believe you might encounter accelerator issues. Specifically, the accelerator linkage. Not insurmountable, just a challange. Analog carts aren't bad, just challenging when it comes to upgrading for more speed/torque. You could do the swap to electronic, but you'd still have a stock 12mph cart, and major investment in batteries and a charger, not to mention the (mystery to me) world of OBC's & Contollers, all on an '85 chasis. It all comes down to what you want the cart to do and how you use it. You can upgrade your 36V motor (PQ 36V motor) get more speed/torque all on your current cart and enjoy the ride. Post a pic of your rebuild! Good carting.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car