lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
earnhardtjr8dei
Not Yet Wild

Default 86 ezgo very weak spark

Hi I have a 86 ezgo 2cycle golf cart I have completely rebuilt the engine and it ran great but I would have to move the forward and reverse lever a little bit while it was cranking then all of the sudden it would start right up and it would drive fine till I stopped then I would have to move the forward reverse lever all the way over in normal position to make it crank again , it worked for a while that way but after I parked it for a while then try to drive it again it would have weak or no spark and it wouldn't start so what I did is as follows , I put in a new forward reverse switch , a new coil ,a new coil wire a new ignitor, a new solenoid , I checked the pulsar coil and I have 150 ohm across the 2 leads I then left one lead on the pulsar coil and hooked the other to the motor and had infinity ohms I then did the same to the opposite wire and had infinity ohm I then put both leads on the pulsar coil and cranked the engine and got about a 1/2 volt, I checked power from ground of battery to hot of the coil while cranking the engine and had 11 volts , I also unhooked the wires from the voltage regulator and cranked it and still weak spark I sanded all the ground terminals very clean, and I still have very weak spark that will barely jump a 1/16 of an inch with the spark plug or a screw driver. Does anyone have any other ideas .

Thanks
earnhardtjr8dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: 86 ezgo very weak spark

Have you checked the battery voltage from the terminal wires and not just the battery post? I had a simular problem and found that the voltage to all wires was good with a light as long as I put ground end on battery post. I then tried the ground of test light at the terminal wire and found low voltage. I then made very good connections. All is well to this point.
Have you checked that you have a ground to the engine and the frame?
Should be two wires that split off the main ground wire for this.
Another thought is the plug wire even if new, check connections to coil and plug and even check ohms on the wire. Of course you have a new plug?
Best I can do from here. I think it is better to have trouble with a 7.3 power stroke than these darn little simple engines.
Have fun.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO