lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
TeeBru
Not Yet Wild

Default Trouble with Workhorse

Hello. This is my first time posting. I have a Workhorse that is giving me issues. It runs great for about 10-15 minutes. While driving, with the pedal depressed, it will just cut out. Almost like when an engine is running and you pull the choke. When it first happens, it just cuts out a little and than continues to run. After a while, it will cut out, and stop. Then you have to wait for about 5 minutes until it will run again. Almost like it is flooded? I have cleaned the carb, done a valve adjustment, new fuel pump and filter, ensured that I have vacuum and fuel going to my carb, and replaced the lines going from gas tank to fuel pump, as well as crankcase to fuel pump and carb. I have also checked all of my speed control linkage, and the choke cable linkage, and it all seems fine. Any suggestions? I am driving myself crazy at this point, and don't know what the next step would be.

Thanks
TeeBru is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Trouble with Workhorse

Check for spark when it dies. Coil may be heating up and cutting out.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
TeeBru
Not Yet Wild

Yeah that is one of the things I forgot to post. I did check spark, and I do have it. I have even replaced the Ignition coil. I had problems in the past with that happening, and I changed the coil and it worked, so that was my first thought on this one as well. Maybe the Ignition coil I got is faulty? I did check spark though, and I definitely have it.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

When it does start again how long does it spin before it does? Wonder if it is pulling a vacuum on the tank. Does it look caved in when running?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
TeeBru
Not Yet Wild

It doesn't appear to be caved in at all while running. I haven't noticed it spinning before it starts either. Seems like it is almost dead, and then will start running again if you give it a couple minutes or so. Then the problem is more consistent after the first time. Maybe cuts out every 30 seconds. You think it could be an electrical problem? Maybe wiring for igniton coil?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do a compression test when warm to make sure engine is up to snuff? How much blowby is coming out of the crankcase?
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
TeeBru
Not Yet Wild

I did a compression test, and everything is fine. When I initially checked spark, I had it in both plugs. After a while when it died, I rechecked spark, and I had nothing. Led me to believe that the coil was heating up, and not working properly. Bought a new coil, installed it, same problem. Replaced the pulsor behind the flywheel. Same problem. I have traced the wires back to the solenoid, and everything seems fine. Now, I have no spark whatsoever. Is there anything near the solenoid or voltage regulator that would create a problem with no spark. I have tested all of the connections straight from the manual, and everytihng seems okay with the solenoid. I am just curious as to how I am getting no spark? I don't want to buy a new ignitor unless I know for sure that it is the problem since they are almost $200. Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO