lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
Sethjamto
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default US Battery State of Charge table

My US145XC2's are sitting at 39.24 after a 12hr rest. They are a month old and have been through about 20ish charge cycles now.
Sethjamto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: US Battery State of Charge table

I'm interested in this, but can't come up with a good way to use this data. Without a side by side comparison, using identical driving and charging conditions... But don't let that stop you from telling us.

Amp hours are amp hours. If their fully charged voltage is higher than other batteries, it may give you an unnoticeable speed advantage, but do they drop faster, or decide they're 70% SOC before others?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethjamto View Post
My US145XC2's are sitting at 39.24 after a 12hr rest. They are a month old and have been through about 20ish charge cycles now.
New batteries tend to read off the top of the charts at first, but they settle down to a lower "Fully Charged" voltage with age.

What charger are you using?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #14
Sethjamto
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
New batteries tend to read off the top of the charts at first, but they settle down to a lower "Fully Charged" voltage with age.

What charger are you using?
Powerwise.
Sethjamto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I'm interested in this, but can't come up with a good way to use this data. Without a side by side comparison, using identical driving and charging conditions... But don't let that stop you from telling us.

Amp hours are amp hours. If their fully charged voltage is higher than other batteries, it may give you an unnoticeable speed advantage, but do they drop faster, or decide they're 70% SOC before others?
I suspect the difference is more along the lines of surface charge retention than actual storage capacity, but I might be wrong.

The last time I checked the At-Rest voltage on my 42V Exide battery pack, they were at 45.07V after 24 hours, which is 0.4V above the top of the Trojan charts. (I don't have one specifically for Exide) My DPI charger floats the pack at 46.2V and it is a royal pain to wait 12 hours or drive around a bit and rest for half an hour, to get the before voltage for my testing, so I tried starting straight off float charge vs leaving the charger unplugged overnight to see if there was any significant difference.

Running the same 10.5 route a couple of times for each way, the after voltage ended up being close enough to being the same, I simply start my tests straight off float charge and call it 100% SoC.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #16
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have 6 US 2200 XC2's in my 2001 EZGO PDS. They are 6 months old and were broke in exactly as stated at Scotty B's website with a new Accusense charger and I do not see the numbers that are in the US battery SOC chart. Mine follow a lot closer to the traditional Trojan SOC Chart. Makes me wonder? If anyone else has US XC Batteries I would like to hear what they are getting.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Even if one manufacturer comes up with a far more efficient lead/acid combo, I would think they'd either rate their batteries higher, or reduce the lead to match a "standard" amp hour rating.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

One caviot: It's "possible" one manufacturer "may" offer an XXX amp hour battery that "magically" reduces the impact or possibility of sulfation, but I'd think they would publish results of a side by side comparison to "prove" this.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #19
tteckster
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

HERE is a 10/15/13 press release.
tteckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO