lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2013, 02:16 AM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: MPT-1000 Wiring diagram

you have 8v batteries ..if wired to 2 batteries then you will have 16v .. lights might handle that but horn won't .. get a 48v to 12 v reducer , or add an auxiliary 12v battery
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2013, 02:50 AM   #12
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No. It's an 8-6volt system. Again the biggest problem is the batteries were ripped out so I'm really just trying to piece the wiring back together so I can diagnose any other problems. Turning into a real crap show.
Itsalljake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have more than two batteries tapped for the 12V.
Pop the horn fuse out, connect a voltmeter to the empty fuseholder clips and push the horn button.
You shouldn't read much more than 13V at the most.

Of course, tapping the battery pack for 12V to power your 12V accessories will shorten the lifespan of your battery pack because it imbalances it.
To avoid that, install a 48V to 12V converter to power the accessories.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #14
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That sounds smart. Could mount it just below the 12v fuse pack. Seems silly that's not the way it was done in the first place. Easy and inexpensive?
Old 10-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Easy, yes. Inexpensive, depends. There are cheap ones and better ones that are carries by our sponsors. "Cheap" is a relative term, especially if it preserves you expensive battery pack.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #16
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Tested it. Says I'm only getting twelve volts to the fuses. Still blows the main to the controller when I hit the horn. I suppose there is some other misswiring going on. Looks like the cut out any wiring that stopped working. Still can't find literature on the SePex controller that says if the the status light should be on if it's functioning properly or if that's only for codes when it isn't.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I found a problem. Is the brake light sensor the same thing that would be a kill switch for the engine? The wires have been hacked off and thought that could be one reason I still have no go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO