lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #1
98ezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default new man needing help

i have a ezgo 1200 workhorse. manufacture code J2598. is this a 1998 made in may. olso, it has a fiberglass cowl and steel body. is it a medalist or txt. trying to find out for sure before buying wrong parts. also, i have put brakes and new belt on it so far.only have had it for two weeks. i have read about putting a shorter belt for more torque on hills but i think buying the 28 inch clutch kit will be best for my hills on the farm. i have jacked it up and watched the clutchs. the front does come together but does the rear driven clutch suppose to open up so the belt can ride lower in it.here is pictures of it. thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00W0W_i9UVOw5x5p8_600x450.jpg (55.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 01717_7ZkEziN73WL_600x450.jpg (56.9 KB, 0 views)
98ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new man needing help

The 1200 Workhorse TXT has plastic front cowl & metal rear body,the wheelbase is approx. 10" longer than a regular cart as well
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
98ezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks, that helps but I still need to research the drivin clutch and see if it needs to open for changing to lower gear.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ezgo View Post
thanks, that helps but I still need to research the drivin clutch and see if it needs to open for changing to lower gear.
Yes it should open as your drive clutch closes,give Tom @ Cart Parts Plus a call,he is the clutch guru and will answer your all your questions & give you an excellent deal on all the parts you need.Here's a link to his website----> http://www.cartpartsplus.com/
Old 10-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
98ezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for the help.i have been busy all week and have not hat time to look further. I am going to order complete seat from him today. I was just on his site and he has a great deal on what I need. thanks again and great site we have here
Old 10-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
thanks for the help.i have been busy all week and have not hat time to look further. I am going to order complete seat from him today. I was just on his site and he has a great deal on what I need. thanks again and great site we have here

You're welcome,have a Blessed day.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:43 AM   #7
98ezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
i called friday about getting the correct seat for a 1998 ezgo workhorse.
when i called a got a answering machine and i left a message. i still have not got called back. i have done some more research and found out that the seat bottom is the same but the back is differant then a stock txt. yesterday i found two sizes of 3/4 plywood that were cut off of a full sheet that i can use to replace the rotted seat bottoms.i am going to get some black boat seat material this week and cover it. i have done some upholstery work and done seats before so i can handle this.( i hope ) i will post some pictures when i get done.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #8
98ezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

i started to work on my seats yesterday. i got the old seat cover and foam off of the bottom.i was able to trace the bottom board with finding the center of the bottom and turning it over to make were i need to cut. almost half of the board was gone from rotting away.today i am going to try and cut it also try to take the top seat apart and get it cut also. i found out that my driven clutch is a 36 degree so i am going to order a 28 degree so i will have more torque. east coast custom golf carts has the kit for 224.95. updates to follow
Old 10-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Welcome! My Dad has the same cart,he replaced the seat-back with a standard TXT one,its' padded better.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO